Laptop Connection to WIFI Printer

Discussion in 'hardware' started by jpcummins, Jan 11, 2018.

1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

My Desktop Computer, Windows XP Professional, sp3, 32 bit; is connected to my HP LaserJet 1320 Printer by cable. I purchased a few months ago a Lenova, Windows 10 Home, 64 bit Laptop which I am connecting to the internet with my WIFI network. I am now trying to connect the Laptop to the Printer by sharing. I have completed the sharing requirements on both computers but I am unable to find the Printer on the WIFI Network so I can connect to it. I am hoping one of our members have been able to do this and can give me instructions on how to do it. As always I will appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Sorry I am having similar difficulties so I'm tagging this thread.

3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Your best bet is probably to network your printer. According to HP, your printer (with the necessary firmware upgrade) supports network printing via a Jetdirect print server.

Network printing is much better for several reasons. Security is tops because you don't have to open up sharing on your computer. A networked printer lets everyone on your network print. The printer can be centrally located, off your desk. The printer is not tethered to you printer. This means your computer does not have to be up and running for another computer to print to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.