LAN Connection Help Please

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by CrownKing82, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrownKing82

CrownKing82 Registered Member

I am unable to connect to a LAN device on my network. I have the network sharing plug-in installed and I am able to access 2 other computers on the system without problem. But, I have a security and household controller system on the network that I can not access with LNS running. It can be accessed fine if I shut LNS down.

The controller IP is 192.168.0.101 and the port number is 4369. I tried writing a rule to allow it but I wasn't able to get it to work. I am obviously doing something wrong and would appreciate it if some one would tell me how to accomplish this. The controller only has to be accessed on the LAN and isn't accessible from outside the LAN.

Thanks,

Barry

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

If Look 'n' Stop is blocking this connection, normally you should have an alert in the log.
    If it is the case, the easy way to create a rule is to do a right click on the alert and to choose the creation rule item in the menu that will open.

Otherwise, to create a rule for port 4369 you can use the following generic rules:
    http://www.looknstop.com/En/rules/rules.htm#TCPClient
    or
    http://www.looknstop.com/En/rules/rules.htm#TCPserver

but you need to know if the connection is using TCP or UDP and if the connection is created by the PC (in this case take the client rule) or from the controller IP (in this case take the server rule).

Frederic

3. CrownKing82

CrownKing82 Registered Member

Hello Frederic,

Thanks for the info... How clear the obvious becomes when pointed out:D ... I should have figured that out myself...

Thanks again,

Barry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.