Know Anything About DSL?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Gregory, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregory

Gregory Registered Member

I have switched to DSL and I can't get it to pass a ports scan. Does anybody know what I need to achieve this or is it possible? I can pass them while using my dial-up connection. I have stopped using it until I know more and have unplugged it. Not one port was stealth :eek: My provider did not give me a lot of info on securing it. I really like DSL and don't what I have got into here?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Gregory

I asked my provider if I needed a router and they said that I did not if I was only going to use the connection for one computer. I thought something was missing.Thanks!

4. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi Gregory,

Getting a router as Ronjor suggested is good advice.

I'm on DSL though and i pass 100% stealth on grc.com with just ZA Free ! What FW are you using ? because if you get Zero pass there's somrthing wrong somewhere !

Using a router and a software FW together won't do any harm at all, in fact it's even better.

StevieO

5. Arup

Arup Guest

6. Gregory

Hey StevieO
    I have tried passing it with ZA, Anti-Hacker and Black Ice. I don't know what is wrong? My firewall has quit detecting hack attempts also, it just sits their like it is dead. I'm thinking about restoring my computer but I don't know if I can reconnect it to broadband. I'm going to have to do something.

7. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi Gregory,

Are you running more than 1 FW at the same time ? If you are there will be problems !

It shouldn't make any difference what speed or how you connect. Maybe the Modem/Drivers are at fault in some way !

Have you tried uninstalling ZA and reinstalling it ? I would do that first. Set everything to High.

StevieO

8. Gregory

I'm only using ZA. I have just restored my computer and it still won't pass. It looks like I'm going to have to get a computer technician to look at it. It must not be configuring itself to my connection?? Sprint hooked it up.

9. Gregory

I have connected my HotBrick SoHo 401VPN Firewall and my ports still are not stealth:mad: . Can somebody please tell me why?

10. Gregory

I had to switch to Road Runner and now my computer is passing every security scanner that I run it through.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.