Know any good programs that detect rootkits?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by latenight, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latenight

latenight Guest

I have heard TDS-3 detects "some" rootkits, know any other programs that do also? For example will Pest Patrol detect them? How about Ewido? SpySweeper?

The more programs that you could list that do detect rootkits the better. Thanks for any help with what I feel is an important problem not often discussed here.

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

3. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

It detects more rootkits than any other program I know of, just look at http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/primary.txt and search for rootkit, then look at the lists of other scanners. :)

But in regards to detection, prevention is even better - you don't need to get infected then!Process Guard blocks all known rootkit driver loading points in the system, as well as providing execution protection so even the trojan that drops the driver won't be able to execute, let alone attempt to install the driver. Two layers of security in one :)

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  5. latenight

latenight Guest

Thanks very much Gerardwil, Wayne - DiamondCS, and Iceni60. All your info was very helpful.

Gerardwil, Looks like some good programs, even Process Guard made the list.

Wayne, looking at that list you provided makes me sick. It amazes me there is so much garbage out there. The people who make this crap really need to get a life!

Icene60, thanks for the reading, any info about detecting/removing rootkit is more than welcome.

Thanks.

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.