Knock Knock... Who is it?? Norton Ghost 10.0

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by dscrap, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Watch out Acronis TI 9.0.0.2270 Beta...

Symantec on Tuesday launched Ghost 10.0, the next edition of its end-user image-based backup and restore software.
    Norton Ghost 10.0 debuts a Windows System Restore-esque recovery point capability that lets users set event-triggered recovery points -- backups that are a snapshot of the drive at a particular time -- and also reconcile recovery points to save storage space.

In addition, Ghost's new reconciliation function lets users continue to make incremental backups -- available in previous versions of the software -- even when the PC's status has changed because of an unexpected hard boot or power failure.

Ghost 10.0 supports 128-, 192- and 256-bit AES encryption strengths, shows the backup and recovery status for all drives on a system, and works with CDR/RW and DVD+R/RW drives, USB- and FireWire-connected backup, and Iomega Zip and Jaz drives.

The software will release later in September, and sell for $70; current users of Ghost will be able to upgrade to version 10.0 for $50.

Homepage

Key Features

Backs up everything on your computer—digital music, photos, financial documents, applications, settings, operating system, etc.—in one easy step.

Recovers your system and data even when you can’t restart your operating system.

New! Automatically creates an initial backup schedule based on your computer’s configuration.

New! Automatically detects storage devices, analyzes your system, and offers “best practice” backup advice during installation.

Makes incremental backups to maximize space and save time.

New! Automatically monitors and optimizes backup disk space.

Makes backups on the fly, without restarting your system.

Backs up to almost any media, including CDR/RW and DVD+-R/RW drives, USB and FireWire® (IEEE 1394) devices, and Iomega® Zip® and Jaz® drives.

New! Triggers backups on key events, like new program installations or user logins.

New! Creates new backups on demand with One Button “Backup Up Now”.

New! Encrypts backups to help keep them secure.

New! Task-based interface simplifies management and monitoring

New! Displays all scheduled backups—plus the degree of backup protection for each drive on your computer—in one convenient view.

New! One-step setup wizard makes installation and configuration quick and easy.

New! Begins backing up to Maxtor external drives by simply pressing the Maxtor OneTouch™ button.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000BAT2TE.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi dscrap, I removed your thread from the Acronis support forum. Please use this forum for further discussion.

Comparing a release version of a product against anothers beta version is not to be recommended.

Thanks. Pilli

3. hoest

hoest Registered Member

Ghost 10 looks bloated ...

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Haaaahahahahaha.....

5. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Acronis TI 9.x feels like beta indeed. It is sold to customers though. Anyway, i bought Acronis TI 9.0 and i deeply regret it. New (beta) builds are coming out daily/weekly and atm i do not really how i can back up my data. Maybe Ghost 10.0 is the solution? Do you have any suggestions for backing up data?

Cheers,

Technic

6. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Well, I'm gonna find out. I sprung for Norton Ghost 10 last night (will get the $20 rebate). I have two other machines for the wife and the kids, so I can put Ghost 10 onto one of them if my TI9 ever gets up to speed where it's useful on my own machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.