Kiss v7

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

Well I want to thank Kiss for finally getting rid of the remains of vundo & I like this suite dispite the knock on it for the chkdsk. I have to wonder if I have done myself a diservice by not using because of the forementioned chkdsk problem, because I'll say this once Kis found one last piece I felt like I was finally done. In other words I have complete confidence in Kaspersky & it's ability to remove &/or keep off the bad stuff...

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

have to agree with you there.. kis removed stuff no one else found and i did upload it to see what other av's said and that stuff seemingly was in fact nasty stuff.. i see 0 performane from the chkdsk issue. and honeslty i onnly have about a 5-10 second delay while running chkdsk..

3. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Hi Larry
    Good to hear your problem is almost over.
    Curious to see what you think of KIS after your vundo problem is gone

4. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I've used it before on my wife's machine as well. I think it's a great piece of protection software & was impressed that it found the one last piece of vundo that was still causing issues. I have left it on my wife's machine. I do have a 3 license purchase so I just have to find the time to get it on the other machines . However, after a full week of chasing vundo I may take a break tonight ;-) . I'm sorry in hindsight to have had the chkdsk issue make me remove it as if I had left it on I strongly doubt I would have had any problems. Sometimes we learn the hard way...

5. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

That's true. Just let me know if I can help somewhere

6. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Well, you made a decision based on emotions and not on facts ;)

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

agreed dont let that deter you...i though and fealt the same thing you did at first and now i have little to no concerns about it.. hope you enjoy kis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.