KIS 6.0 for $18.95 till 03/24/2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zapjb, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the keys in this deal are legit, so will not be blacklisted, they are not from warez sites.

as for iolo software not giving free upgrades, this is them .. not kaspersky.

2. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

It's useless period. I've used several of those "memory free-ing" programs in the past on my WIN98 machine. While they look pretty, they did absolutely nothing as far as performance improvements, and in most cases actually caused problems.

But, this is a great deal so I spent the $18.95 for Memory Zipper Plus even though it will remain unused. Now, just waiting for my KIS key. :)

3. thehudd

thehudd Registered Member

I did it while using another KIS key. I did notice that the new key was good from the day the activation code was obtained and not the date it was installed, but as I was swapping three years for one year, that did not bother me. I'm not sure that answered your question, but I'm sure you can exchange the key without immediately installing KIS.

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, I appreciate the response.
    Regards,
    Jerry

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Regarding the license key and updates...by purchasing a SysTweak product, you are getting a key for Kaspersky Internet Security, not a Unistal/SysTweak-branded product. For this reason, you should still be entitled to support and updates from Kaspersky. Also, this KIS uses Kaspersky's own servers for updating.

Hence, in theory, all version updates should be available to those users who availed of this offer.

6. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Easiest way is to wait until another version upgrade and then see, if it is still working after that then it should be ok.
    Since the offer says "Kaspersky Internet Security 6" I don't know if will be good for 7.

I just hope Systweak didn't do the same as DefenderPro and Iolo and just purchase one version!!

Maybe someone could post a partial of the key file, something like this:
    Code:
    ($ Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Iolo 1 year  	 ($ 

7. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 OEM International Edition. 1-Node 3 year Base OEM

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Yes, this means its an original Kaspersky license. Unistal does not do rebrands. For example, with eScan, there is a key called "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for MicroWorld Anti-Virus" or something like that. This means that it is meant to be used with eScan alone.

Here, it means an OEM version of KAV, which should normally include all version updates.

9. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Lets all hope so! :thumb:

10. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

While I may have been skeptical of this deal at first, the posts that came after me confirmed that this offer is legit. :thumb:

Instead of using the download link for KIS in the email from Systweak I went straight to the Kaspersky website for product downloads, chose KIS 6.0.2.621, then I converted my activation code to a Kaspersky key. I also don't expect that there will be any problems with future updates (version 7 and beyond). Thanks to the OP for sharing this deal with everyone.

11. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

Why exactly would you want to do this? What is the advantage?

12. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i think its just for lazy people who dont want to keep typing in a serial

they can just browse > select the .key file and click OK.

lol, thats all i can think its for.

13. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

Why would you want to "keep" typing in a serial number? Type it in once and you are done!

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

not if you reinstall the software or the operating system and then reinstall the software.
    lodore

15. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

So someone goes to all the trouble of re-installing the OS or the software and yet they are too lazy to type in the activation code? :eek:

16. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the key file is easier.
    you can just convert the key code to a license file and store the license file on a usb pen or cd.
    lodore

17. EliteKiller

FWIW there is no need to type it in since you can simply copy/paste. However converting the code to a key only takes a minute and you'll also have the option to have it emailed to you from Kaspersky so that you can file it away. Whatever floats your boat.....:shifty:

18. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

Yep...that's what I normally do.

I'm wondering, can I just download the trial version now while I wait for my key? Will the trial convert to to licensed version just by entering key? I'm assuming it will.

19. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it sure will
    lodore

20. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

Well, I hate to be the one that spoils the party but KIS 6.0 screwed me. I downloaded, installed, entered key, did the updates and rebooted. Everything seemed to load and then the screen went black. Had to manually power off & on, upon loading I kept getting pop up messages saying this module failed, the next module failed, etc. Numerous reboots & reinstalls later and KIS would never load properly. I have a WINXP SP2 system.

The only good thing that's come of this is that I'm finally able to test Acronis 7.0 by doing a full restore. It's restoring now, hopefully all will be well again. I'm typing this from my old backup PC.

So the KIS 6.0 key is good for 3 years. I guess at some point I'll get brave and try again but for now, lesson learned. "If it's not broke, don't fix it!!"

Edited to add: Acronis 7 came through! I'm back up and running as if KIS never happened! I sure would like to know what went wrong. One of these days I'll give it another try.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  21. uhoo

uhoo Registered Member

FWIW my subscription only started when I installed and activated KIS using the activation code. Systweak sent me the code more than a week ago, but my expiration date is 08/04/2010.

22. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I saw an ad at Staples that is offering KIS 6.0 for free this week after rebate and you don't need an upgrader rebate. I used to jump at free after rebate software offers, but I guess I will pass on this one even though it is a pretty good security product.

23. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

I guess you haven't read this whole thread. :)

24. EliteKiller

Obviously. o_O

25. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

No, I haven't, but I was commenting on the original topic and first message post and not about the later comments. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.