KIS 2006 firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chaos16, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

who here knows or thinks that the firewall implemented in KIS 2006 (Kaspersky Internet Security 2006) is the best overall?

i know its in beta but still.

who thinks that Kis firewall is the best as KIS firewall passes all leaktest and many more tests?

also maybe the KIS firewall blocks hackers better more effectively? and maybe it blocks viruses, worms, spyware and trojans better and more effectively?

wat do u think KIS firewall has over outpost, zonealarm, norton firewall, kerio, f-secure firewall etc....

also we know that zonealarm has like a PG feature. well KIS has it as well thats the proactive feature so thats a big advantage so thats like having PG and another firewall put together if u have KIS 2006? right?

btw if the firewall is not the best who thinks i should have KIS 2006 with everything installed except from the firewall and install another firewall?

2. chaos16

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

who knows? nobody knows for sure...it all depends on how you gonna use it...that's for all kind of things ;)

naahhh the day kaspersky IS 2006 is final ... it will look very good for them and for us, even with the firewall turned on :D

4. chaos16

wat features does the firewall have alone that no other firewall has?

i tried the pre betas and the first beta of KIS and really liked it. but i am not sure if it is better than outpost or zonealarm or the upcoming kerio from sunbelt(well no one knows about this one yet)

but i wonder if its better to use KIS without the firewall installed and to get another firewall like future kerio or outpost?

or its good enough to stay with KIS all.

5. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I've been coming at this from a different direction - could this be good enough to replace Outpost or Zonelabs

Over the last few weeks I have looked at the following:

Have lics for
    Zonelabs pro and Outpost 3-3.5

Tried and moved on
    LNS
    Sunbelt Kerio
    Jetico
    Netveda

Still trying
    Tiny
    Coreforce
    KIS

At the moment KIS, Outpost and Tiny are my favourites

Would be interested in whatt beta testers have concluded on KIS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.