Kingsoft Antivirus 2012 [Cloud]

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

and for Kingsoft to score as well as it did at AV-C on the single product test it had to be using something new. If it had scored that high without Aviras help, it wouldnt need it to begin with.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

and you are correct, I meant to say SP.3.5

3. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

well it does not like this machine, it keeps locking up itself and Windows 7
    I uninstalled it and put Avast on and Avast has no problems. Now understand there is nothing on this computer yet but Windows 7 and all its security updates. This is a fresh install of Windows 7 on a newly formated 500gig HD. It has nothing to interfere with yet.

What is happening is when i opened Kingsoft and looked at the options, that is when it crashed. Not only did it crash itself but it crashed Windows 7 too. Nothing else would work.

I rebooted and tried again, just opened one of the tabs in the program and the same thing happened.

I uninstalled kingsoft- rebooted and reinstalled it. Same problem.

I then uninstalled it and put Avast Free version on
    I went through all the tabs on Avast- no problem, in fact I am running a scan as I am typing this and Avast and Windows are behaving fine.

I did some reading on your software, and found on some utube testing reviews that it did not catch many trojans that all the other antivirus programs catch.
    that alarms me, i would not mind if it did not catch it and the other antivirus programs did the same but yours seems to be the only one that did this.

I do like the way it works, I like that it scans files when you download them from a web site and shows you it is dowing it.

I do not like that you cannot schudule a scan. If i put it on my clients computers they would never scan it manually. By putting a schedule scan on the program you can set it which days to scan and it does everything else for you.

I have another test machine and i see you are coming out with a 2013 version soon. When it comes out I will test it on that one, that one is fully loaded with programs.

Again I did not like how it behaved on a clean, newely installed Windows 7 Ulitimate 7 sp1 with all security updates and nothing else on it except what Windows 7 installed for it to lock up this way. I am wondering what would happen if i had many programs on it.

robin

4. tgell

tgell Registered Member

The more I use this software, the more I like it. I have had it installed along with avast! for quite awhile and have had no problems. I especially like the fact it will scan a USB flash drive when attached.

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Im starting to like the sound of this av.If it is compatible with existing software then its worth a look.But ive also seen negative comments too in regard to the company etc.:doubt:

6. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Is there anywhere that I can down load kingsoft 2013 beta in English to test it out?

7. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Not released yet..

Kingsoft 2013 beta direct link (Chinese)

-http://download.duba.net/2011/duba/The_New_DUBA_WuKong0927_99_50.exe-

Regards,
    Amin

8. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Robin..which version of kingsoft did you use ?
    - what kind of crash exactly you faced with ? ( BSOD ? or what ? )
    - can you pm me a log of dds so that i can help you. if you are willing, do as steps below please
    you can download the dds from link below
    -http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/dds/-
    it gives you three log files, you can copy the three files somewhere , compress them and then attach it while sending private message to me.

mainly i need the dump file at below location:
    %windir%\minidump look if there is any files. if so , i need them too.

Regards,
    Amin.

9. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Ok Amin, Thanks for the prompt response.

10. robinb9

no dump files made, the program just locked up and I could not end task because Windows locked up with it. I had to hit the button to get it back.
    All I got in Event viewer is

The Kingsoft Core Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7034</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-10-17T12:53:52.865109000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3732</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="524" ThreadID="3848" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>TheOfficeComput</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">Kingsoft Core Service</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">1</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Again I Uninstalled the program so will the logs still be here? these dds logs?
    Avast is having no problems on here at all and i did a full install
    Granted this is a 5 yr old computer which ran Vista (and i reformated the hd not put it over Vista) but Windows 7 installed just fine on it
    robin

11. robinb9

oh and i used the latest one at your website
    robin

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

if I set System Defense to Standard I get BSODs. I keep it set to Quick and no issues.

13. robinb9

I did not change any settings. Just left everything as default
    Maybe the system defense is what caused it but. Got me
    I will try it again when you come out with 2013 in English on this machine. I will uninstall avast and see. I would like another antivirus in the mix because sometimes on some clients computers Mse or avast just does not do well
    Robin

14. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Hi robin..

Event logs doesn't really help much... and also your issue's source is not Kingsoft service (kxescore.exe) here but is the SCM.

based on what i can extract from those information in your event log, i guess one of your services is causing this issue.

I see your Event ID is 7034 which is mostly related to print spooler service. are u using a printer ?

I suggest you doing the steps below to resolve the problem:

- you should do a clean install of windows 7 32-bit ultimate..

- after windows installation is finished ,please don't install any of your drivers temporarily, in fact don't install anything.

- do steps below:

a: Press Windows Key + R, type services.msc and press enter.
    b: Right click over "Print Spooler" and select Stop.
    c: now double click the "Print Spooler" and in the appeared window , from the "Startup Type" drop-down menu select "disabled"

- Now restart your computer.

- install this version of kingsoft (Kingsoft SP5.2 2012) :

-http://softdl.pcdoctor.kingsoft.com/version/kav_setup.exe-

- check to see if the issue exists

- if not.. one by one install your latest version of your hardware drivers

Let me know if you succeeded.

Regards,
    Amin.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  15. Amin

Amin Registered Member

what did you use alongside of KAV?
    webroot and HmP?

Regards,
    Amin

16. ooVoo

ooVoo Registered Member

any other av installed?

17. robinb9

No printer is installed, all that was on this machine is Windows 7 Ulitimate and all the security updates at the time of installing Kingsoft.
    Kingsoft SP5.2 2012 was what i installed.

Avast has no problems and after installing Avast I started to install software and a printer. Still no lockups.

I have beta tested many antivirus software. Most have internal problems, not updating correctly, too long scans, but this is the first time I have experienced 2x a lock up.
    I put antivirus programs on businesses and home users and I cannot afford for them to lock up the whole system, especially since I put this on a virgin computer.
    Unless it is still in Beta it should just work, it can have minor problems but this one is not minor.
    Again, when 2013 comes out I will try it again on another test machine I have fully loaded and see.

robin

18. Amin

Amin Registered Member

As you wish Robin.. your problem was so unique, never had happened before:rolleyes:
    I'll let you know when the kingsoft 2013 is officially released.

Again thanks for taking the time reporting this :)

Regards,
    Amin

19. Sher

Sher Registered Member

How good is Kingsoft's compatibility with Emsisoft?

20. ooVoo

ooVoo Registered Member

@robinb9
    @Amin
    the problem is recorded.
    I will ask our tech team to check this matter tomorrow, because here is 0:57 am.

21. ooVoo

ooVoo Registered Member

well compatible
    since kingsoft antivirus in beta version, we already took the compatibility test with products from more than 26 av venders.
    the test result shows Kingsoft has good compatibility with Emsisoft.

22. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Thank you ooVoo. hope our friend's problem be solved :)

Regards,
    Amin

23. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Judging by its lightness, compatibility with other AVs, use of Avira sigs, and much improved detection, I think I will recommend it on my website, but only once 2013 comes out in English. Will that be soon?

24. aztony

aztony Registered Member

I read the version tested was SP 3.5 which does have Avira integrated. An obvious question would be, why didn't Kingsoft also include in the test a version without Avira (they're up to SP 5.2) so that users can see the difference in performance(s), if any, with and without Avira.

25. robinb9

Sure
    I just put it on my other windows 7 ultimate sp1 computer. This one is possessed, lol So if it runs smoothly on this one it will pass my test at least.
    I have had about 5 antivirus programs on this one and all go well. So I am testing yours on this one.

So far it is ok but i only have it on for 25 minutes,

Again I like how it installs, I was stunned, I blinked- then it installed, way cool.

I like the look of it but I do think you need a help file or someplace to go on your website that explains each feature.
    And I definetly think you need to have it with a scheduler so you can schedule a day and time to do a virus scan.

None of my clients are going to remember to do a manual scan, business or home use.

If it pans out I am going to add it to my recommendations at the seminars I do throughout the year. but I need to test it more

Will it work with Windows 8?

Where do i see where it does an update to the definitions? there is no date or time showing this. How many times a day do you push updates?

thanks
    I will keep you posted on how it is doing
    robin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.