Kingsoft Antivirus 2012 [Cloud]

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amin

Amin Registered Member

nope.
    Beethoven1770 didn't mean that.
    i try to express his poin this way :

imagine AV-C guys hold a test unofficially on YT.. so not all the YT tests are amatur.

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Exactly. For the most part, the same programs that perform well in the Youtube tests, are the same programs that get high scores on AV-Test, AV-C, etc... And vise-versa.

Also, I think the Youtube video show people how the GUI works, how the program responds to malware, etc... Those things you can get from a numeric test score on a ratings website.

3. Amin

Amin Registered Member

let me tell you guys something.

some people say that :
    "user home-made tests are not valid.. and trusted companies such as AV-C tests are the valid ones.."

u mean only trusted companies can make use of the maximum security of a security product ? so if they are the only one who can.... what about we users? so obviously we cant!

so why should we use antiviruses when we can't earn security?

sorry for my ot post..
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    obviously 2013 version is only available for some special users.

4. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

Back on youtube tests, sigh...

There's no problem for me on seeing GUI, available options, how program in question responds to different happenings. Actually they help here quite a lot.

The problem is most of the time, the people conducting these tests:
    -Don't validate their samples (Uploading to virus total and saying 13/42 is not validating either) hence they don't know if they're using proper samples.
    -Use 10-20 "malware" samples which won't statistically give anything significant.( How well would it present Volkswagen owners over the world if I interviewed ten of them?) I won't go deep here, if anyone is interested in how it works, check sampling/populations in statistics.
    -Decide on the fly, they don't have a strict methodology ( a strict "what I will do when x happens" list), hence act differently on similar situations
    -Don't take time to understand how the software works, its capabilities and such.
    -Don't edit the results they reached even if they realize some errors themselves have made
    -Consider non-executable static remnants as fails

I can go on and on but I'm tired and this will probably be my last message on this issue. Everyone is free to have their own ideas, what I wrote on top is mine.

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Dude - they are not meant to be a replacement for the "official test sites". Think of them more as an supplement. I don't think any of the youtube people are trying to pass their tests off and the end all be all.

6. Amin

Amin Registered Member

in 2013 version ,
    Kingsoft behavior blocking module ( k+ v2.0 ) will be changed to k+ v3.0 which is much more powerful than its predecessor.

i just infected my system and did a quick scan with kingsoft 2012 , i'm still in shock :eek: :eek:

just surprised with its methodology of scanning system.. it looks every where for hidden malwares till find them... it could find two rootkits and the main virus using System repair engine. wow..:thumb:

7. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I like kingsoft a lot. I think that now that it's using Avira's defs it should improve it's detection. Plus the new behavior blocking in 2013 and you'll have a great little cloud AV. Maybe WSA should be taking notes. :p

8. Amin

Amin Registered Member

I wish too.. i would've provided you the 2013 beta if the English version was released. at the moment the kingsoft 2013 Chinese beta is {kinda!} out.

I like to explain the kingsoft 2012 On-Access Scan

basically On-Access scan wont start the job unless it is directly needed.

imagine you have a folder containing malwares.

- when you navigate to that folder, kingsoft won't start scanning that folder contents.
    - if u right-click one of those malwares, kingsoft will start monitoring that single file , when u click properties or copy or etc kingsoft will detect that malware and will take action against it.
    - if u try to execute a malware kingsoft will take action.
    - if u try to extract a compressed archive , kingsoft will take action.
    - every outgoing action will be monitored by courtesy of system defense and K+ module.

that's why kingsoft can be installed alongside of any security program.
    and that's why u are not experiencing high system resource usage with kingsoft.

that's so smart... i like it. :thumb:

regards,
    Amin

9. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I love this program also. I actually feel it does a great job even with Avira defs. I hope the changes does add to the programs lightness.

10. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Why should Webroot be taking notes. The approaches of each app are so different...and I know which one I prefer (for a number of reasons).

11. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

1. Has detection improved? I see a lot of positive feedback for this product, but I remember when Kingsoft was tested by VB and AV-C, it was always last in detection.

2. The 2013 version will use Avira signatures? This would be good since it could possibly be recommended instead of Avira, since they have failed to get rid of the nag screen.

12. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

That was a joke. Just in case you didn't notice the sticking out tongue smile guy. Sorry to offend anyone's favorite program.

13. ELWIS1

ELWIS1 Registered Member

1. Yes detection has been improved. It is such a new heuristics engine in Kingsoft 2013.
    2. Avira engine is also included. You can of course turn off Avira, click on the blue umbrella

14. Amin

Amin Registered Member

- yeah.. detection rate is improved pretty much, thanks to new heuristic engine (named KVM heuristic engine)
    and also new behavior blocker K+ v3.0 and also Avira engine and several other featues. you will be surprised with huge differences.
    - yeah !

just be patient :)

Regards,
    Amin

15. Brandonn2010

When is the 2013 version beta in English expected?

If it's as good as you say, I may change my mind about not using Chinese software, as long as some third-party, or one of you, could verify it is not sending data or communicating with anyone suspicious.

And hopefully they un-colorfy the GUI; it looks like a parrot threw up :D

16. Amin

Amin Registered Member

i just can say "soon enough".. i keep you informed.

don't worry.. if there was any hidden sendings of data or communicating , etc people certainly would have noticed ( including myself :D ) . right now i trust no country of vendors as much as China.. bcuz they're realy reliable people :thumb:

one thing i assure you about kingsoft.. kingsoft won't hesitate for improving the cheetah more and more than ever.

just try to inform any problems or bugs , etc with which you come up.

Regards,
    Amin

17. Brandonn2010

It sounds like what Immunet Protect was supposed to be.

18. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Is Kingsoft still very light on resources when using the Avira engine?

19. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hope they included a suggestion for the behavioral blocker: surpress warnings for signed programs and surpress warnings for signed programs of trusted publisher. Two options to make the bb less chatty.

Heuristics of the avira is one of the best in the industry.

20. Amin

Amin Registered Member

hopefully yes.

:thumb: :thumb:

21. ooVoo

ooVoo Registered Member

2013 is in dev plan. :)

22. Amin

Amin Registered Member

thanks for the info ooVoo.:)

i'm still confused about something..

what are the differences between the 13mb version and the 76mb (local virus lib integrated) version. both are the same ? i think not..
    what is the usage of each one them.

please explain it clearly.. thnx :thumb:

23. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Ive just been reading through this thread again and im actually starting to like the sound of this cloud av.However i do have some questions before i decide to take the plunge.:

1.Is anybody running this with CIS and experiencing any problems at allo_O
    Im not saying i dont have any faith in comodo but i would like a little added extra layer to compliment comodo.

2.Is this av very heavyo_O ,I dont want something that is using a lot of CPU and RAM.

3.Is the company trustworthy.o_O
    Im not bothered about countries of origin and all of that nonsense.Im speaking about kingsoft themselves.:doubt:

I quite like the look of this program and may try it if my questions are fully answered and im satisfied with them.:thumb:
    Regards.:ninja:

24. Amin

Amin Registered Member

1. kingsoft 2012 and comodo 5 were in absolute compatibility. about the kingsoft 2013 and comodo 6 better take a look at here :
    -http://www.kingsoftsecurity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1133-

2. not heavy at all.. i believe it's the lightest standalone antivirus ever... ( courtesy of cloud )

3. friend of my friend is my friend.. you Trust Avira (obviously) , Avira trusted Kingsoft.. then you can trust kingsoft.
    that's my view point . of course kingsoft's staff will have a better saying about it.

if you wanted to install the kingsoft , install the latest SP.. right now SP5.2 is the latest.

regards,
    Amin

25. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Thank you amin.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.