Kingsoft Antivirus 2012 [Cloud]

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Not sure about Comodo but I am running it along side avast! free and have experienced no problems. I really like this software. :thumb:

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I would probably have to rate KAV as the best new AV software of 2012, though I would also have to have Roboscan in the mix.

3. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Yes you can. I have it running with comodo on both pc with win 7 ultimate 64bit.

4. gery

gery Registered Member

i have sent files to analysis and never got any response til then . I wonder what the heck is going on that it takes so long to respond:thumbd: ?

5. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

To anyone trying to foolishly run 2 AV real-time gon on: http://forums.comodo.com/antivirus-help-cis/kingsoft-av-and-comodo-av-toghether-t86157.0.html
    then from my personal testing even with mutual exclusions it freezes the pc and I had to uninstall from ADD REMOVE PANEL but wished there would have been a specialized uninstall tool as the Kingsoft folders standed there and I guess so much left overs in my registry that would explain future problems with the pc.
    DO NOT USE THIS UNKNOWN PRODUCT:)

6. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Yep, I agree. Don't use Comodo.

7. DX2

DX2 Guest

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

I have been using Comodo Internet Security and Kingosft AV on one my comp for a fortnight. I put the most heavy options of KAV:
    1. System Defense in Standard Monitor,
    2. checked "Force Cloud to identify unknown programs" as "Unknown programs must be identified before being executed"
    CIS is also in its not light, regular options.

And found no noticeable issues for the comp.

9. Sher

Sher Registered Member

There are no compatibility issues between Kingsoft and Comodo. It's been quite a while now and my system is rock solid.

However, it does have issues with Kaspersky. I got an immediate BSOD when I tried installing it alongside Kaspersky.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  10. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Registered Member

kaspersky,bitdefender & possibly norton are never meant to be used alongside another AV no matter what the type of install one uses(on-demand or real time or such cloud based program).

11. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

The same is true for 99% of av software. However, Kingsoft is different from other antiviruses, in that it is specifically designed to work with other antivirus software, meaning that at least in theory it should work with all of those. I say in theory because there will always be a change of incompatability, but this should be rare.

12. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Exactly!!
    It's a kind of AV-companion, like the Immunet.

13. KingsoftSecurity

KingsoftSecurity Registered Member

Really? We'll check this issue and fix it in later updates.

14. KingsoftSecurity

Hello gery, did you use the built-in reporter or report it via our forum? Only the most frequently reported file via built-in reporter will be checked. Because it's impossible to check all files been reported. If someone keep clicking this button, then nothing we can do everyday except checking the files. If you want a false positive been fixed quickly, please report it via our forum. Here is the link: http://www.kingsoftsecurity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5

15. KingsoftSecurity

Could you please give the version of Kingsoft and Kaspersky which you got BSOD. A Dump file is much appreciated. We've tested Kingsoft Antivirus with all major antivirus including Kaspersky, and only have problem with Vipre serie.

Reference: How to collet a dump file: http://www.kingsoftsecurity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=917

16. gery

gery Registered Member

via email.

17. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I don't have the dump file now, but it was caused by: "c:\Windows\System32\drivers\secdrv.sys"

18. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Running along side avast for three days now and NO issues what so ever
    very nice AV program

19. gdiloren

Any "Kingsoft uninstall tool" available to completely remove the program in case of trouble?
    :)

20. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

21. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well, my tool will not be able to remove it in case of troubles. These days all programs are protected by self-protection systems and circumventing those is essentially the same as writing malware that kills security programs.

My tools only clean the remaining stuff that remains on your system after normal uninstallation. I like my system clean and nice, especially since i change programs quite often. Till now i cleaned everything by hand but since i interchange avast! and Kingsoft a lot i've decided to write cleaning tools for these two. But would be nice if developers would design the uninstallers to do this job properly. The main question is, why don't they?

22. gdiloren

They don't want you to uninstall. Kingsoft offers you uninstallation if you plan to reinstall option. Mainly, I think they tried to pull up into the AV market as unknown software saying they are compatible with a 2 nd Av, like WSA and Immunet option stuff, which I found out to interact in the whole bottom of the story!!!:eek:

23. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

24. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

I completely agree with that statement.

25. KingsoftSecurity

Every false positive reported via email is analyzed and fixed within hours(during working days), and replied after fixed. Did you report false positive or undetected samples?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.