Kid_PONG: downloader.dia.a

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Kid_PONG, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid_PONG

Kid_PONG Guest

Hi guys (and girls) Here is my problem

I'm running XP pro and AVG Spybot combination.

AVG detects a downloader.dia.a virus in a file called a0020127.ocx that is srored on the restore _system information volume (which I can't access)

AVG detects it but can't do ANYTHING with it.

I run the FULL test and nothing is detected. AVG only pop up with the resident shield feature to let me know i'm infected but with no more support.

I've tried swapit, avg, symantec, mcafee etc...etc... I can't even find the file they are talking about and the windows registry has no entry for it either.

How can I remove this piece of %^&*(

Thanks

PS: Can't find info on the net as far as what it does or what is it... none of the major anti-virus has this downloadr.dia.a on the list ! any other name for it ?

Thanks again

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Re:downloader.dia.a

Hi Kid_Pong,

The file is found in your System Restore point(s).
    Please disable System Restore, reboot and re-enable System Restore. Then scan again and once you are satisfied that your system is clean, create a manual restore point.

Details about disabling and re-enabling System restore can be found here.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.