KeyScrambler?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by lucygrl, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollingThunder

RollingThunder Registered Member

Keyloggers come in many forms and varieties. There are software keyloggers that are integrated so far into the kernal that they become close to impossible to detect. There are also keyloggers that can be attached between keyboard and mouse periphery that store data in many cases for up to a week.

Much of this conversation deals with determining your own risk profile. There is an analogous rabbit hole that once you go down it there is no coming back (bad attempt at humor). If you are truly concerned about keyloggers and the like then the risk goes beyond keyloggers in any form. Monitors, mice and keyboards put out compromising emanations (CE). Before I go further I must say that in order to employ this technology you are either a completely whacked out conspiracy theorist, wanted by the NSA for whatever reason or flatly a criminal. Over 50 years ago the government designed codename tempest rooms. The specs for these rooms are widely available now. These are the rooms that shield you from eavesdropping little white van down the street that have electronic gear pointed directly at your residence or business. Of course the government still does this but for someone who is very high profile. So, all you conspiracy nuts (LOL) have fun. :D

I will even give you the first link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TEMPEST

2. HopelesslyFaithful

HopelesslyFaithful Registered Member

thanks i'll take a look at it sometime when i get a chance. I buy tons of crap online and never really cared about it but that is largely because with federal law i am not liable so i don't really care but if i can reduce the inconvenience that would be nice. Also i hate giving people a chance to get some free money...~ Snipped as per TOS ~.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.