Keyscrambler

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by carnage017, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carat

carat Guest

Do you mean screen logger? ;)

Has this bug already been fixed? :doubt:

2. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Yeap...;)

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Its always a sign of reassurance for me if software has good support and has a good forum running.
    If it doesnt then i tend to get suspicious as they could be simply be a one-man band .Acting sneakily etc.:ninja:

4. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

i dont mind one man softwares, i use sandboxie :p, but seeing user comments like these would put me off from any software.

5. itman

itman Registered Member

As far as I am aware of, Keyscrambler will not protect against the following type of keyloggers.

Per Symantec:

Kernel/driver keyloggers. This type of keylogger is at the kernel level and receives data directly from the input device (typically, a keyboard). It replaces the core software for interpreting keystrokes. It can be programmed to be virtually undetectable by taking advantage of the fact that it is executed on boot, before any user-level applications start. Since the program runs at the kernel level, one disadvantage to this approach it that it fails to capture autocomplete passwords, as this information is passed in the application layer.

The input from the keyboard is being captured as typed by the keylogger before Keyscrambler would ever see it.

6. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

To be clear though I have no reason to distrust KS. All that time it never did anything shady. My D+ would have told me. It never attempts to connect out. I trust it. Just don't need it. I have keyboard access blocked for FF period for one thing. And I will never have a keylogger on my box unless I put it there intentionally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.