Keylogger Question

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by TheKid7, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I have ran a scan (AVZ Antiviral Toolkit-Maximum Hueristic Settings-Report Only) of one of my 3 PC's. It is showing a Yahoo Korea Search Tool as having a high chance of being Keyloggers. NOD32 and Kaspersky show the PC as clean.

In your opinion would a Yahoo Korea Search Tool have characteristics of a keylogger or should I be concerned about this software being installed on my PC?

Thank you.

Comment: Recently, everytime I would start the PC I got the prompt that a new version of this Yahoo Korea Search Tool was available and it would ask if I wanted to update. I would say no each time. After about a week, I started the PC saw the prompt about updating the software and did not say no right away. After a couple of minutes I noticed that it was doing the update installation anyway. This seems a little weird.

Portion of AVZ Log:

C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Mini\Ymkh10.dll --> Suspicion for Keylogger or Trojan DLL
    C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Mini\Ymkh10.dll>>> Behavioural analysis
    1. Reacts to events: keyboard, mouse
    2. Polls keys' state
    C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Mini\Ymkh10.dll>>> Neural net: file with probability 99.85% like a typical keyboard/mouse events interceptor

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.