keyboard disabled after restoring from Acronis Trueimage

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by uncleflash, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uncleflash

uncleflash Registered Member

I used Acronis Trueimage 8 (build 786) to create a backup image file and restored it to a new hard drive. The new hard drive will boot up to the Windows logon screen. When I try to enter Ctrl, Alt, Delete I get no response. The keyboard seems to be disabled so I can't log in. I know the keyboard is working during the initial boot because I have to hit F1 to get past a floppy drive error (an old problem).

I tried doing a clean install of Windows 2000 on the new drive and it worked fine. The problem starts with the restored image. I've also tried several different keyboards (ps/2).

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Maybe the backup is corrupted ... try making a fresh image and restore that. Have you been able to restore before without that problem? If not it might be that the problem is inherent in that build. The latest build for that version is 937.

3. uncleflash

uncleflash Registered Member

I had a different image that was a few days older and it worked fine. I only lost a few days data.

Thanks,
    Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.