Key Loggers and ESET smart security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by aaurel, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaurel

aaurel Registered Member

I am new to this forum, so if i have mistakes pleas forgive me. I have to my works 80 computers to care. in the last few months i have problems with archives that contains key logger. After i scan the archive NOD say it's ok but when i extract i received on my screen one or two dos windows with a text like this : 1 file copied 2 file copied. After that when i restart the computer ESET told me that blocked an application to download another exe file over the internet. If i use Bit Defender after one scan alert me about the keylogger existent in the archive. I use NOD 32 from the year 2003 and i have no problems but now... i think is something happening and it's not good. I want to mention the settings for Real-Time protection and Email protection is Strict cleaning with all types of scan files on.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

You mention you have to support 80 machines but I suspect the problem is not happening on all the machines , right , but just on one of them ?

:eek: .... Explain/correct ?

Your NOD32 application is like this , right ?

eset_interaface.png

As for the problem - ESET detected keyloggers as potentially unsafe application . However , detection for such applications is disabled by default and you must manually enabled it if you want commercial keyloggers detected.

Open the user interface , press F5 to open the entire Advanced setup tree and goto the following sections' ThreatSense options :
    • Antivirus and antispyware
    • Real time file system protection
    • Web access protection
    • On-demand computer scan

Make sure all of the categories (including Potentially Unsafe applications) are checked :

categories.png

At the end , confirm the changes with OK .

Make sure ESET NOD32 is updated and perform full scan from Computer scan -> Standart scan
    As a second opinion , I advise you scan with Microsoft's free Live scanner (link available in my signature) .

If you still have problems , post again .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.