Keriver 1CRP, what's the catch?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by moontan, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

Follow this post.

Download the latest grub4dos package from here: -http://code.google.com/p/grub4dos-chenall/downloads/list

Extract grldr from the archive to the partition.

If you're going to use BartPE plugin you need to download firadisk.img too and copy it to the partition. -http://code.google.com/p/grub4dos-ireneuszp/downloads/detail?name=firadisk.img

Create menu.lst on the partition, for BartPE based ISO(pebuilder.iso) menu.lst should be:

I haven't tried Keriver ISO, but if it's Linux based, this will probably work(no need for firadisk.img in this case):

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Followed the post and it didnt work. I verified the Menu.lst and everything.

3. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

How it didn't work, any error message?

4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

It never loaded the boot options.

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Is 1CRP compatible with FD-Rescue?

Used on a 32-bit Vista laptop and lots of freezes until I uninstalled 1CRP. Anyone else tried this combination?

I know looking over old threads that some members found it compatible with FD-ISR, but FD-Rescue?

6. Zimzi

Zimzi Registered Member

It seems that the ability to recover files from snapshots is one more meaningful feature of the Pro version?

7. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I've installed the free version on one of my slow XP notebooks. I like the fact that one doesn't need a recovery CD to backup or to restore, and the restore worked flawlessly. What I didn't like was the very long creation of the baseline snapshot and restoring was still fairly long (15 minutes for 17 GB). It is however still faster than Acronis TI 9 on this computer. I will eventually buy the pro version as I'd like to have the snapshot management (and good developers need financial support). What is amazing is that it really requires one click for any operation.

8. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

This is interesting, but i have some questions.

1) What kind of license is it? 1 year? 1 year upgrades?
    2) If ones buys the "Pro" , can he activate it offline?
    3) Is the license tied on the hard disk or what? If i change hard disk and it requires online activation will it simply de-register the old one and register the new one or is it the "send us an email" story?

If someone knows , i 'd be grateful to have a reply.

9. 2010freesoho

2010freesoho Registered Member

Hi,
    Q. What kind of license is it? 1 year? 1 year upgrades?
    A. At least 1 year upgrades. But probably more than 1 year.

Q. If ones buys the "Pro" , can he activate it offline?
    A. If you want to activate it offline, please send email to support@keriver.com

Q. Is the license tied on the hard disk or what? If i change hard disk and it requires online activation will it simply de-register the old one and register the new one or is it the "send us an email" story
    A. If you change the hard disk, please send email to support@keriver.com. In fact, if you want to change the hard disk recently, please just send email to support@keriver.com to ask us to modify the maximum number of authorized activation after you purchase 1CRP. It also means that you can activate all PCs owned by yourself using only one License Key.

Thanks.

10. sindbad

sindbad Registered Member

What a bargain. One cannot go wrong buying the PRO version.

Best regards,

KOR!

11. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

True :thumb: Keriver 1-Click Restore PRO is the easiest way to backup your system :thumb:

12. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Thanks for answering. I wish software companies adopted an activation scheme where the user can automatically deregister the old pc and register the new one directly through the program, like Twister antivirus does. I hate the email procedure, since you have to wait for reply and you may have to halt your PC maintanance until it arrives...

Anyway, i will test the program in the next days and see how i like it. The fact that one can ask to modify the number of activations is a good thing that mitigates the trouble of activations.

Thank you.

13. sindbad

sindbad Registered Member

You can activate as many computers you have in your home. When you purchase your copy of the PRO version, just email Mr. KeRiver and let him know how many computers you have in your home, so that he can allow that many activations.

Intially, I had it on nine computers in my home. Since, then I have removed it on some of the computers and re-installed on some of them without any problems.

I am waiting for Mr. KeRiver to come up with an option, so that if I don't want to modify my MBR, it should allow me. Then, I will again have it on all the nine computers in my home.

What a bargain!

Best regards,

KOR!

14. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I am interested in 1CRP. Am I correct in thinking that it is a Rollback Rx product? If that is the case, does it suffer from the same problem that RB does in that it is impossible to take a hot image of it? I plan on using this as a replacement for Shadow Defender, adding it to my setup which already includes Drive Snapshot? Can this be done?

15. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

It is basically an imaging program with limited functions, which makes like a snapshot program. It doesn't conflict with any other programs, but it does modify the MBR and installs gbrdos, so it can be accessed pre-boot and without a recovery CD.

It has a recovery CD too. I have asked Mr. KeRiver to provide an option, so that it cannot modify the mbr. He has promised as such and he usaully keeps his promies.

It is a baby of KeRiver Image/Cloner Rx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.