kerio products are not working as they should?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by xTiNcTion, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Thinking about what i read for kerio firewall 4.x and his bugs. Most of you are not satisfied with this version.

Blitzen... said
    [\quote]From conversations with another person we came to the realization that they really don't fully know what they are doing, and this not the original team that worked on Kerio/Tiny 2.x by any means. I'm not sure if any of the original team is with the company anymore, or at least on the firewall project.[\quote]

so, kerio products are not working as they should?

i am looking for a internet-content filtering-email scanning solution for a small LAN (8 PCs). i was trying Kerio Winroute Firewall. but i see in nowdays Kerio ..."dont fully know what they are doing"

should i buy this KWF? or there is a better solution?

thank you in advance

2. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

I haven't played with any newer versions of winroute, but the older versions of winroute worked great as they were also based off the same core as Kerio 2x, which is why you could not install winroute and kpf on the same system since they used the same driver interface among other things. As far as I know WinRoute, and KPF 4x are still totally different beasts so try it out if you like.

Kerio dumped KPF 3x which was turning out to be a highly complex, and configurable firewall even compared to 2x. Then they dump it, and make 4x which I dubbed 'ZArio' since they are trying to get people who don't know how to use a rule based firewall to use the application controls just like ZA... A step backwards with their simple controls on the front, and not allowing you to completely disable all the simple controls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.