Kerio firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chaos16, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

If kerio wanted to could they give it to someone and make it a open source code?

like the firewall filescalp?

For example they the group that make firefox could kerio send it to a group and then the group improve the firewall and carry on implementing features etc....

and they choose to make it free or not?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

they could do that, but its up to them. i know that currently theres an open source firewall claiming to improve upon kerio v2, so maybe someone will code a firewall to replace kerio v4.

3. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

the thing with this is if anyone does improve on it they wont be able to make no version right??

it would only be able to be based on the 4.0....x version so they would only be able to fix bugs right?

or they would be able to implement new features?

can u give me a link to the v2 the site were a guy is improving on it thnx.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if a programmer had access to the source code for a software, what they could do is only limited by their skills. if they have no access then the best they can do is just start from scratch. neways here u go: Ghost Personal Firewall

5. ghost16825

ghost16825 Registered Member

They can't. If I remember correctly, one of the main programmers for 2x became really pissed off at Kerio because of some issue and he left for Tiny. This is also the codebase for 4x versions. This programmer incorporated some of this code in current Tiny releases. So Kerio can't release the source even if they wanted to.
    (Probably slightly off, but something along these lines)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.