Kerio firewall has just gone crazy.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by anykey, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anykey

anykey Registered Member

Kerio firewall has just gone crazy.

It keeps on wanting me to verify every connection. Here are some examples:

'Mozilla' from your computer wants to connect to localhost [123.n.n], port 3021
    'Mozilla' from your computer wants to connect to 132.69-93-217.reverse.theplanet.com [69.93.217.132], port 80
    'Mozilla' from your computer wants to connect to localhost [123.n.n.n], port 3002
    'Mozilla' from your computer wants to connect to server17.systemips.com [66.98.210.8], port 80
    Someone from 82-43-194-123.cable.ubr08.newm.blueyonder.co.uk [82.43.194.123], port 2418 wants to connect to port 445 owned by 'SYSTEM' on your computer
    Someone from 82-43-173-173.cable.ubr05.newm.blueyonder.co.uk [82.43.173.175], port 1153 wants to connect to port 445 owned by 'SYSTEM' on your computer
    Someone from 82-43-173-27.cable.ubr05.newm.blueyonder.co.uk [82.43.173.27], port 3189 wants to connect to port 445 owned by 'SYSTEM' on your computer
    Someone from 82-43-173-173.cable.ubr05.newm.blueyonder.co.uk [82.43.173.173], port 4885 wants to connect to port 445 owned by 'SYSTEM' on your computer

(I've edited some of the numbers that are between brackets in case they id me.)

I have been using mozilla and kerio on my xp pro system for only a few weeks, yet nothing like this has happened before today.

However this evening it has started going crazy. I've rebooted to get a new connection, but it's still the same.

I'm new to this firewall lark, so please treat me gently and it would help me if your suggestions were simple and straight forward to achieve.

Any ideas What's goin on ??

2. peakaboo

peakaboo Registered Member

I'm no expert, I'm sure one will be along soon.

I suggest you check your TCP allow out rule for for the specific ap Firefox/ or Mozilla assuming no proxy involved (pretty straight forward)

also sounds like you need to check your TCP disallow in rule

make sure these rules are activated.

3. anykey

anykey Registered Member

...maybe I should mention I am using the unregistered personal version 2.1.5

4. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

Anykey,

Kerio is prompting your for giving programs access, and you need to build your ruleset. The ones prompting for inbound access are windows servers, and what you should do is learn about the product more since you are having a very hard time understanding it. Kerio is very far from Plug n' Prey, but with patience and time it becomes easier.

At the top of the fourm is a stickied post with a link to a default replacement ruleset I have, visit the page, follow the instructions, and see if that helps you with your configuration.

5. anykey

anykey Registered Member

Hello BlitzenZeus, thank you for your words of encouragement.

I confess I have already looked at your stickied post. I was not an easy read for me. But as you say:
    Nevertheless, I shall now d/l your ruleset and have a go at installing it. Wish me luck...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.