Kerio 4.2.2 question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by brjoon1021, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Registered Member

I just installed it on my work laptop a couple of days ago and it is working well. I have a desktop and laptop that have been finicky with ZA free and Filseclab. So I ran Jetico for a while on the laptop, am still trying it at home but switched the laptop to the latest Kerio 4.2.2

It is really, really user friendly, maybe easier than ZA. Certainly easier than Jetico.

What are your observations, opinions, experiences with it?

Is it stable?

Is it secure?

Is it heavy on resources?

2. doug6949

doug6949 Registered Member

I've been using KPF4 on my desktops since it came out - no problems whatsoever. Like all firewalls, however, it has its quirks. I cannot use it on my laptop because it crashes the registry at the 30 day mark when it reverts to "free" mode. This happened twice before I figured it out.

Other than the above isolated issue, I am quite satisfied with Kerio.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I found the 4.2.x series to be pretty good actually. I was surprised when they seemed to fix most of the bugs from earlier versions. It seems stable. It is not what I would call "light" on resources, but then again, it's not the heaviest either. I'd say it's somewhere in the middle. Similar to Outpost. Of course it won't be supported anymore or worked on after year-end, however, if it serves you well now, then that may not be a problem for some time to come.

4. funkymonkeyboy

funkymonkeyboy Registered Member

The latest Kerio update 4.2.2 is unstable on my computer. The last version 4.2.1 was excellent. But the latest one will not load and the kpf4ss uses 99 percent processor power. I had to uninstall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.