Kerio 2.15 vs Look 'n' Stop 2.04...Which is better

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Barney, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barney

Barney Registered Member

I have narrowed it down to these two firewalls. I love them both and can't decide which to go with. Kerio or Look 'n' Stop.....what do you people think?
    Presently, I have to admit that I use both of them. I like the way you can restrict/allow which ports applications can use. Then with Look 'n' Stop, I think it has the best application filtering available. Presently, I have to admit I use both of them. I have Kerio running and I have Look 'n' Stop also running with only the application filter enabled. This seems to be working really well, but I would like to go down to only one firewall. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Barney

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey Barney

I think you try both out, not at the same time of course…
    See what makes you feel most comfortable with, which has Features you believe are crucial in a Software Firewall and Features you enjoy. And Attempt to Learn the In and Outs of the two particular Software Firewalls and do some experimenting…

3. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

Everyone finds a program they are comfortable with, and prefer using. If you only want to use one, then you really should make the choice yourself.

Personally I prefer application based rule filtering so I use Kerio 2.x, and I can restrict the communications of my programs individually.

LnS does have a more complex packet filter, and even a little sandboxing, however it won't have application based rule filtering until 2.05 which is not due out for a while. When they do finally add that to the program, that should allow a great deal of control to the program that other programs have had for a long time. If done well, when it finally has application based rule filtering there will no need to run Kerio anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.