kerio 2.1.5

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by latin22, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latin22

latin22 Registered Member

hey guys,

I just installed kerio 2.1.5 I need some help setting it up to allow me to use lime wire and mirc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

3. latin22

Thanks for the link.I wasn't able to find anything on limewire or mirc ( maybe I'm just blind). I ended up just installing Outpost.

4. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

I don't know/remember all the ports you need, nor wish to go over your ruleset considering XP will be the last os that Kerio 2.x will run on, use the prompts, and read you logs for what is being blocked. All of your blocking rules should be logging, and you need to remember that the first rule to effect the packet will be the last. That will allow you to find out what it requires for its communications.

5. latin22

I appreciate the help guys. I will look into it some more.I know limewire uses alot of different ports so it is gonna be a pain.I'm using Outpost now but it feels reaource heavy I liked kerio 2.1.5 because it is so light.Its a great firewall just a more complex one than outpost or zonealarm.

6. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

7. latin22

I'll try that and she how it goes.I have outpost installed now but it slows my internet at times.I'll reinstall kerio 2.1.5 and test it out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.