KaZaa

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ljc1174, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljc1174

ljc1174 Registered Member

I remember someone mentioning that a member made a program to completely remove KaZaa because unistall wasn't enough... I need this! I've deleted everything I can find on my pc about KaZaa, but I'm still getting hits from users or whatnot... from 10:45 to 11:00 I've had 16 hits from 4 different IP's. I know I don't need to worry because it's been blocked, but... I still want to use this program.

Thankx
    ~Lori

2. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hello,

Kazaa installed or not, you cannot prevent probes from users as you have a dynamic IP, a former owner of your IP had Kazaa and you inherited his IP :)

3. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi JacK! This is very true. I get hits from Kazaa, but they do not get in! However, Lori might have other problems from having had Kazaa on her PC. (I never have.)

Lori,

Did you remove Kazaa with Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel? Did it let you? Are you having any other problems with your computer? Do you have an antitrojan? What kind of operating system do you have? (If you have ZoneAlarm, you should be okay from external probes.) If you have Cable, your IP will change rarely, if at all. If you have DSL or a Dialup, it's dynamic (usually).

4. ljc1174

Yes, I used the add remove programs... but I was told that after removing and after using spybot and ad-aware there was still something I needed to remove (i think). Yah, I know the hits are normal but I'm not sure if my amount is normal. I can disconnect and get a new ip every 5 minutes and still get the same amount of hits. Something isn't right. And yes, I'm still having issues with downloadalot. com coming up as my homepage, I have to hunt down spy1 for that I think though. Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I've been sick and I spent the weekend in the hospital. They sent me home with some very nice happy pills! LOL

Take Care,
    Lori

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hey Lori hope you feel alright and much better soon!

6. ljc1174

I'm getting there! Slowly but surely! I feel much better today though!
    Thanx!!! :D

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

hi there Lori - i hope you are feeling better!

when you say that you were told that there was still something that needed to be removed (regarding the KaZaa), what exactly was it you were told that needed to be removed? example, was it keys in the registry...or folders, etc.? Or are you still actually seeing files/folders related to KaZaa? If so, could you post what they are here, maybe someone might recognize them and be better able to help.

i remember when i had removed KaZaa last fall using Ad-Aware, i couldn't get rid of the actual program in my Add/Remove panel and i still found keys in the registry. Apparently i still needed the cd_clint.dll file to actually remove the program through the Add/Remove utility in Windows, but Ad-Aware had removed the cd_clint.dll file. i had to end up going back and re-downloading KaZaa to get the cd_clint.dll so i could remove it properly through the Add/Remove utility. i am NOT saying to re-download KaZaa....but i am wondering if you were able to remove the entire program using the Add/Remove utility in Windows first before removing the rest of the spyware using Ad-Aware and SpybotS&D.

the downloadalot thing i am not sure of, you may want to visit Lavasoft's site and see if there is mention of this in the Forum there?
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi

also, another excellent site to ask about spyware and browser hi-jackers would be Mike's site at spywareinfo.
    http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/yabbse/index.php

(i do believe there was a thread or two regarding Alexia there too)

hope that helps a li'l :)

snap

8. ljc1174

Thanx Snap!

I haven't searched my pc for folders or files from Kazaa, maybe I am mistaken about the other program. But if there are .dll files related to them, I wouldn't know which ones belonged to KaZaa! I used Spybot and Ad-Aware. But nothing saying Kazaa appearing when I use either of those. I thought maybe I needed to do more since I'm getting sooooo many outrageous hits for KaZaa. I'm talking like 10-20 in 5 minutes. It's ridiculous! I reboot, get a new IP and still the same thing, that's why I was wondering if there may still be something on my pc that shows I'm on KaZaa.
    Forgive the spelling, it's not time for my "happy" pills yet and the caffeine hasn't kicked in!
    :rolleyes:
    I'll check out those links this afternoon, thankx again Snap!

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Get well soon, Lori !

Take care,
    best wishes, Jan.

10. ljc1174

Thanx Jan!
    I have been feeling much better the last couple days. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.