KaZaa doesn't install properly

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ryan423, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan423

ryan423 Registered Member

hi guys,

ok i'm having a problem with installing KaZaa (the free version). now, when it's installing, it hangs up on step 5. it doesn't go beyond that. previously, i had the same problem, and through luck, i got it to install properly. i don't know how.
    Now i'm encountering the same problem. it always seems to hang on step 5. i have a 64kbps connection that's always on (broadband).

Any Suggestions on how to fix this or a better way to install KaZaa?
    Thanks.

Ryan

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Ryan,

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but I wanted to mention it anyway: http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/articles/p2p/

Regards,

Pieter

3. ryan423

yeah thank pieter. i've heard KaZaa has a lot of spyware/adware and a high possible leak for hackers to break into my computer. what do you think of KaZaa lite?
    By the way, i got KaZaa to work, now i'm thinking of uninstalling it again. lol.

Ryan

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi ryan423 :)

I use kazaalite. It doesn't have all the spyware that the full Kazaa app. has.

Featues are the same, just no crapware. ;)

When i use it iam very careful to scan every file for malware before i open it.

Hope this helps.

snowbound

5. ryan423

thanks snowbound. i have downloaded KaZaa lite and it works fine, in fact in many ways i think it is better. i uninstalled KMD. horrible p2p. haha.

Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.