KAVP 5 automatic scan HELP!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by eveRcusioZ, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveRcusioZ

eveRcusioZ Guest

Everytime I start KAV (whenever my computer starts) it begins to scan my WHOLE computer. It's killing me! Takes more then an hour with my 120gb+ HD. Can anyone please tell me how to disable this? The manual tells me that it can't be disabled. Wtf?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

There is a manual registry hack you can apply for Personal, Pro and WorkStation versions which disables the startup scan. I have used it with the Personal version and it works fine.

1. Tweak for Personal;

Find [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\7]

Right click the 7 in the reg entry>then select 'new DWord value' and paste in #RunStartup in the 'Name' field and enter value 00000000 in the 'data' field.

2. KAV Pro Tweak;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\2A\PersonalPro\5.0.0.0\bl]
    RunScanOnStartup=dword:00000000

But apparently it may not work with the latest Pro version; http://forums.useice.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=1747

3. Tweak for the WorkStation version;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\2A\Workstation\5.0.0.0\bl]
    RunScanOnStartup=dword:00000000

But make sure you carry out a full on-demand scan before applying the registry-fix, to ensure your machine is clean.

If you are not happy in manually working with the registry, there is a reg-file you can download which applies the hack as well. Details here; http://forums.useice.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=1664;st=20

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  3. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

I use Personal 5 and you can disable it like this ....

Open KAV, click on SETTINGS, Click on CONFIGURE ON DEMAND SCAN, bottom right hand corner is a link SCHEDULE SCANNING. click on that and then select DO NOT SCAN.

NB, this disables all scheduled scanning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.