KAV7 detected Superantispyware as a Trojan!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by fce, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Nick is just being nice, I am not. Lodore can atest to the issue with SAS causing continous popups with Kas. If you check back awhile in his posts he admits this. It isnt a big deal, nor does it take away from Kasperskys detection. But like chkdisk, it is just another continuing problem they fail to address.

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Nick; You have my sympathy and blessing. Nevertheless, you guys have done remarkable job, earning my, (our, I am sure), respect. :thumb:

3. btman

btman Registered Member

For your computer... My CHKDISK works fine... It did when I had KIS... And it still is while I have KAV. No special procedure at all.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the popups from kis7.0 about sas pro is as follows.
    the .exe file has changed.
    since it updates from a tempory location.
    and hidden data sending from the PDM.
    chkdisc works fine here.
    lodore

5. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Yes it is safe. I just set KAV to ignore it if it detects that trojan in superantispyware.exe. Now it is fixed, I can remove it. :)

6. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

Hm, it is indeed important to verify for each new detection you add that it will not result in false positives and this demands time intensive testing. There has been an interview with someone working for FRISK software (FPROT) on a German webite, http://www.onlinekosten.de/news/artikel/25690/0/Hintergrund:_Das_Leben_an_der_Antiviren-Front . They have a quick test of 20 min to check for compatibility if it concerns an urgent threat. But tests could span up to several days.

KAV is known for its fast reaction to new threats. But with reaction time of 0-2 hours I always wondered how good their testing is regarding FP's. The opposite would be Symantec who it takes 10-12 hours to react, but usually they are known for their almost non-existent false positives (see last AV-comparitives and forget about the incidence in china ;)).

7. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I concur your findings. It is actually a balance act of accuracy and responsiveness. You want it be quick, quicker, then higher F.P. is the end result. Or demand it be accurate, then may take it longer to produce one. Therefore, boiling down to this simple question: you want a fast food supplemented by Pepto Bismol or a gourmet dinner finished with Louis XIII ? I guess the choice is yours. Eh?

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The pop-ups you refer to are warnings from Kaspersky as it is not looking and realizing the MD5 (fingerprint) of our SSUPDATE.EXE is the same each time. I am not sure why they don't do this one an application is allowed.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I guess in the case of SAS, Kaspersky is saying "Let them eat cake." ;) :D

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Yep, just the way Kaspersky is saying the same to all the Systweak licence holders.:mad:

11. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

again why are ppl worrying.......

a licence is a licence, and kav7 isnt even released yet :rolleyes:

i aint worried, never have been, or maybe this is because i choose to use the 'other' russians :)

12. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Lets keep this on topic, although I am not sure what is left to say. If it turns into posting product bashing, it will be closed.

Pete

13. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Not to stray too off topic, I will only say that each software developer will TRY to make their software work with existing Operating Systems and other software. There is never a 100% guarantee of compatbility of any software product with those of another software developer. Developers will try to "correct" the incompatibility when it is reported, but I am sure it is not a critical issue with some of them (even though it may be critical to the end users). After hardware companies adopted the IBM PC has a de facto standard, software developers were forced to make their products compatible with them. Back in the early 1980's, nearly all software was incompatible with other computer brands because each developed their systems in their own direction. Now, even though the developers create programs to "fit" Windows, they don't necessarily create them to "fit" other programs. They tend to prioritize any changes based on the number of users and complaints as well.

14. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Hey Nick! Again you are Complaining about your customers reporting problems to other Members on this Forum! Why is that :cautious: This is a Free Speaking Forum and All Members are entitled the Freedom of Speech :isay: To Whomever they wish to ask their questions to :shifty: Untill you Submit a Terms of Agreement Policy about your products, that it is Forbidden to submit Technical Questions Outside your own Support Desk, I sugest you Shut Up and Take a Relaxant :cautious:

15. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Was all of that really necessary? :gack:

16. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

When there is a problem, that may not even be a problem, we like to verify and resolve the problem if a user submits a support ticket BEFORE they go posting around the forums as when the user submits a ticket and then immediately posts around the forums, it creates over twice as much work to answer the support ticket as well as go respond to all the forum posts.

Any of you that have contacted our support staff know we almost immediately answer any questions submitted.

If our staff has to spend more time answering the same question in our support system as well as on the forums that's less time there is to fight spyware.

I have no problem answering the forum posts - it just takes time away from fighting spyware. :)

17. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

As seen in fce's reply, this doesn't seem to be the case in this instance.

We do encourage people to submit the detected file(s), or contact the vendor in case of technical issues they may have with a product. However, people should be made to feel comfortable to post their inquiries here (whether for a real malware detection, or a false/positive) for assistance and advice if they are unsure of what other procedures to take without fear of a reprimand from a vendor for doing so. Afterall, that is one of the reasons this forum is here.
    Understandble, but at the same time, it is par for the course with being a vendor, and I'm sure your clients do appreciate the extra mile you take for them.

Since this particular false-positive has been addressed, and so we don't stay off topic, we'll close this thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.