KAV2006 Beta as on-demand only?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by POS, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. POS

POS Guest

Can I use KAV 2006 beta as on-demand only to backup NOD32?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Yes. RejZoR has ran the two together.

But it might be better to install KAV first, as KAV5 and particularly KAV 2006 do not like other AV's installed before them (see screenshot). So they prefer you to uninstall your present AV to reduce the possibilities of software incompatibilities.

Nothing sinister here, as other AV's will not install with any other AV on your computer; Virus Chaser for example.

However, if you already have a KAV license, KAV 4.5 may be the better choice as an on-demand scanner.

Or if you are looking for a free, KAV on-demand scanner why not choose the Kaspersky online scanner. Less chance of any conflicts, particularly with beta software.

Attached Files:

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

There is a registry "hack" to bypass this check but i doubt you'd be willing/able to do it on your own... Also there might still be certain conflicts though (i was testing that just for 1 day)...

4. POS

POS Guest

But does KAV 4.5 has the same level of detection od KAv 5 and 6? Same umpacking habilities etc etc?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.