KAV Users

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larouse, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larouse

larouse Registered Member

Hi,

I have been using KAV Pro 5.0.384 by two months, and like to know if I changed at Home Version would get more fast lunch applications. The problem is that When I open Microsoft Outlook take at long time to start download and think that My Laptop run slow with this Version, If I cnahge at the Home Version would get more fast ?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Since you have been testing other AV's, initially I would make sure you have completely uninstalled all previous AV programs by using a good registry cleaner.

I would then try to tweak some of the settings of the RTM in the Pro version; Are you selecting ALL files/ packed executable files to be scanned? These settings of the Real-time Monitor will slow you down.

Further, the Pro version does have the OfficeGuard which is a ProActive module that has advanced macro protection. This may be the cause of some slowdowns you are seeing.

Try simply disabling the KAV Pro RTM and see whether everything speeds up.

But I would be surprised if there was a great difference in resource usage and performance between the 2 versions but it is worth trying KAV Personal to see whether you are still having the slowdowns.

3. larouse

How would be you recommendation application to registry cleaner ?

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Try this one, Larouse:http://www.macecraft.com/regsupreme/,

what AV's have you tried before settling on Kaspersky? Have you deleted the folders of the previous AV's often left behind in program files?

5. larouse

I have used NOD32 and used regisrety cleaner, tune up otilities and regsupreme, and deleted all folders, I like to know if I change at KAV Home would have less down slow in my system,

6. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

KAV Pro is more configurable than the Personal version but neither should slow things down. I use Pro and install Personal all the time for clients and never see a slow down, it must be how you have things configured.

What is real time protection set to?

:)

7. larouse

Have the Default Settings ..

8. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The standalone or the PRO version?

I saw some very unfavourable comments over at 'BetaNews' regarding these products with a number of posters saying RegCleaner was better in its day.

9. Don Pelotas

Yes, i have seen that, could it be that they are really just mad at the author trying to make a living of his hard work and not giving it away like he used to? ;)

He (Jouni Vuorio) makes three regcleaner products, RegSupreme + Pro and JV Powertools, which is the product they are really talking about btw.

Just use the standard, the regengine in these two are the same. The reason i recommend RegSupreme is because it is so easy to use, for some JV Powertools will be daunting, it is however much easier to use in the latest version.:)

10. Don Pelotas

Yes, you can use Personal, but they should be exactly the same in term of system impact. You have some sort of conflict, otherwise you wouldn't see the drastic slowdowns you see with your laptop.

What firewall are you using? Please tell me you don't have any other AV installed too?

What other security programs, do you have installed?

11. larouse

I don't have at any Firewall Installed and any other AV,

My Security programs are:

EWIDO
    ProcessGuard
    RegDefend

Thank you

12. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The engine was recently updated to match that of the one used in the Pro and Powertools programs.

I have been using RegSeeker, which seems to have a few good plaudits around and about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.