KAV Script Checker

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Alan, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan

Alan Guest

In KAV personal,they include a script checker.Would this be the same as the other script checkers that are out there such as script sentry,script defender,surfinguard etc.? Or should I use one of those also with KAV, if they are compatible?.. I`m using w/98se.
    Thanks for any advice.  
    Alan.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Now you mention the thing, i remember i have it installed somewhere in the caves of my system, since a few years ago the VBS- infections via email became populair.  As around the same time DCS came with WormGuard with --in my opinion-- more options i kept to the latter.  All nasties seem to be blocked so having both of them seems not to conflict.
    I don't know the differences between all the other kinds, maybe some settings or files they block and other things in the layout, giving possibilities to do something with a file, etc. For sure there are people who can tell that part!

3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

If you are using Kaspersky AV you are all set!!!! You don't need any other utility since you are fully protected with KAV script checker.

Technodrome

4. Alan

Alan Guest

Thanks much, thats what I needed to know. I wasn`t sure if KAV`s script checker was as good as the others.

Alan.

5. wizard

wizard Registered Member

The main advantage of KAV script checker is that is checks every script before it will be executed by WSH (Windows Script Host). It has a special heuristic but when the KAV monitor is running the script will also be check from the monitor for known malware.

wizard

6. Alan

Alan Guest

The main advantage of KAV script checker is that is checks every script before it will be executed by WSH (Windows Script Host). It has a special heuristic but when the KAV monitor is running the script will also be check from the monitor for known malware.

Wizard,

Would that indicate a kind of" sand box " program,where it runs the script to find anything?...

I think Surfinguard pro is also like that.

Alan

7. wizard

wizard Registered Member

No it is not a 'sandbox'. It is more like a 'pipeline' where every started script is checked before it is really executed by the WSH.

wizard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.