"KAV product line" REVISITED:

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SG1, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

In my earlier post re "KAV product line," when I asked about what I thought was a regular style firewall in possibly one or more of their apps, I then forgot to ask the main question, why I posted here originally - and that was to hear about KAV (Personal 5.0, in particular) and about the company's work, in general.

If you're using KAV, I gather you're reasonably happy with it? Their offerings have decent protection? The program's updated hourly, as I understand it, or can be? Are there any links wherein I can see KAV screenshots, of the app itself, or of the varied aspects of the GUI? And how is the interface overall, in your opinion - easy to use and/or configure?

I'm now actually running too many AVs (3) , & had wondered about KAV; if I were to start over with another AV - just one, this time perhaps that may be a more sane approach as any conflicts may be rather subtle.

And advice/info/opinions of Personal 5.0 appreciated.
    Thanks, SG1 (Pat)
    ======================================
    *** (Belarc Advisor indicates I've 3 real time file scanners runing, even when I thought I had everything shut off): NOD32, AVG PRO 7.1, and I sometimes also have SpiderGuardNT running - 1 component of DrWeb's AV). I know, I know... a tad excessive on the security angle, & inviting real grief w/too many apps all going at once, but oddly it seems to work on this PC, from what I've seen thus far.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Some screenshots here.

Apart from the KAV forum you can find out more information about KAV 5 here.
    Why consider another AV when you already have 3 commercial scanners, two of which are generally considered as excellent malware protectors?

At the present time, I would run NOD and Dr Web; with only one set as your primary AV and the other one set only as a background scanner. Once you are near to license renewal then I would take a second look at KAV 2006 ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.