KAV/KIS CF2 Build 9.0.0.736 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Baz_kasp, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

No. I did uninstall of 2009 saving only activation data. Then a clean install of 2010.

2. lordpake

Seems support thinks I have McAfee installed because of those remaining files.

I can not remove Virtual Technician via ARP. MCPR does not remove those files. Yet support keeps asking me to run MCPR to remove those files.

I did use MVT year ago in an attempt to solve a SiteAdvisor issue I had at that time. I don't have any McAfee software installed.

I am rapidly becoming deeply dissatisfied with my Kaspersky "experience".

Edit: link removed and replaced by the list of incompatible files (below, those files are not visible when I access that folder with Explorer):

=> Filename C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\McContentMgr.dll - McAfee Virtual Technician
    => Filename C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\McHealthCheck.dll - McAfee Virtual Technician
    => Filename C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\McLogMgr.dll - McAfee Virtual Technician
    => Filename C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\McPlugins.dll - McAfee Virtual Technician
    => Filename C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\McProdMgr.dll - McAfee Virtual Technician
    => Filename C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\MVT.dll - McAfee Virtual Technician

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  3. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

If Your problem is much delay opening IE/Windows Explorer, it's a known bug and there is a beta testing "patch a" that will solve it, in fact I'm testing this beta patch and is working fine here, so be a little patient and soon a new patch a or maybe a new build will be released solving this and other bugs ...

Alternatively You can try to Disable KIS SelfProtection for some seconds and enable it again, this worked fine for some users ... to reduce the delay with IE/ Windows Explorer.

Regards.

4. lordpake

I also have the problem of Proactive Defence stopping Firefox add-ons from installing :)

My gripes here today are from support request relating to Fx issue. I did remove AnVir (with protest) however I can't satisfy the demand from support to remove MVT.

This poses a problem to me. As I'd have to deal with them complaining about MVT everytime I contact them.

Everytime my potential issue would be in the shadow of this "McAfee software which I have installed".

5. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

This one bug from FireFox/extensions it's a known bug and it will solve with this new patch too.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.