KAV/KIS 2013 Beta - Final

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 3x0gR13N, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwax

dwax Registered Member

Yea I had to uninstall Comodo PFW. Screen came up saying it was incompatible. But uninstall and re-install went smooth. then just re-installed Comodo. Runs great. Thanks for the help.:D

2. xan K

xan K Registered Member

Does Facebook run slow for you using Kaspersky? I have KAV and Chrome and it's really crawling.

3. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

Patch B is released on official update servers.

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Got it here...and all is good & smooth!

5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Does the database count intentionally differ to what's posted on, for example, securelist.com? It could be a location thing, but I thought they were meant to match.

6. Setcho

Setcho Registered Member

Has anyone experienced issues with Office 2013 after installing KIS 2013? I installed it this morning on Windows 8 Build 9200 and now files won't open in protected view. I just get the start screen with the progress dots and "opening in protected view" in the bottom left hand corner and then nothing happens.

There is a work around e.g. I can go into the Word trust center and switch off protected view in order to open files but this isn't ideal. Does anyone know which element of KIS 2013 would interfere with Office 2013 protected view?

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I had run that combination for a month and never noticed any issues. Maybe it is specific to patch b? It was not out at that time.

8. Setcho

Setcho Registered Member

Its definitely a KIS 2013 issue. I did two things this morning first I re-installed Office 2013 using the MSI installer instead of the click to run one just in case that was the cause, but it wasn't as files still won't open in protected view. Second I uninstalled KIS 2013 and protected view works fine again.

@ xxJackxx Do you think it might be something to do with the file or web antivirus parts of KIS? Office 2013 applications are trusted in application control so it probably isn't that.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  9. xxJackxx

It's hard to say. I am back on Windows 7 with Office 2010 but with KIS 2013 I cannot duplicate the issue. I would suspect the File Antivirus first but I cannot test if I cannot duplicate. :doubt:

10. Setcho

Setcho Registered Member

I tried turning off every part of KIS 2013 one by one to see if Office/Word would open in protected view but still the problem persists. The only way I can get it to work is by uninstalling KIS 2013 completely. I will try posting at the Kaspersky forum to see if they can help.

11. Setcho

Setcho Registered Member

Just in case anyone is interested here is my post and response from the Kaspersky forum. It's not an answer as such more just a wait for updates to KIS 2013 as Windows 8 and Office 2013 aren't released yet and therefore not supported, which is fair enough.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=246325

12. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Was there some particular reason why the sandbox feature was not included in KIS 2013?

13. Baldrick

14. acr1965

15. Baldrick

Not sure why that is but apologies.

As I understand it from what I have read elsewhere the functionality was not really popular. Also, it did not appear to work properly on 64bit systems due to the limitations imposed by Microsoft re. access to the kernel, etc, and finally, and probably the clincher, problems with the upcoming Windows 8, again due to further on Microsoft's side.

It has effectively been replaced with Safe Money which secures/'sandboxes' https connections.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Balders

16. acr1965

yes that helps, thanks...the web address you posted appears as a shortened version but the address actually reads as it is shown:
    hxxp://www.wilderssecurity.com/showp...35&postcount=2

17. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

18. 3x0gR13N

Patch G is being tested, to be released by the end of this month/first week of next.
    Changes:
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=259680

19. xxJackxx

This is good.

This is pointless. Firefox 20 is scheduled to release at the same time. They're never going to get this right. :doubt:

20. 3x0gR13N

Patch G is set to release sometime next week, with included FF20 addons.

21. xxJackxx

Nice to see they are including 20. :thumb:

22. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Kaspersky seem to be constantly playing catch up with firefox and i dont think kaspersky are entirely to blame for this.
    Excellent package overall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.