KAV/KIS 2013 Beta - Final

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 3x0gR13N, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Re: KAV/KIS 2013 Beta

Thanks.

Is there any new setting which should be on, that i'm missing?

Also does exploit protection works with Chrome?

One more thing, i have set to get notifications (sounds) from KIS during many tasks, but yet no sounds, do you got idea what could be the problem?

Thanks again.

2. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

For me the MP1 build is buggy. KIS starts after a long time after the system startup. During that period I can open firefox and download eicar test file without any hitch. I think KIS is postponing its startup at boot time but it reduces security. I checked the settings and made sure that concede operating system resources at computer startup option was not selected. But still KIS is not starting as soon as system boots up. I had not faced this issue with 3370 version and I may go back to that version. I have my user account settings to boot directly to a standard user account which I use it for general purpose. I don't know whether this is the cause for the delay. But I had this setting when using 3370 build but had not faced any such issue:doubt:

3. Amin

Amin Registered Member

kaspersky 2013 final has a funny bug !

as u can see in the picture below. kaspersky anticipated the amount of net traffic spent in friday , but the date still was thursday !!! :argh:

wow that's cute !

F9YEC.jpg

4. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

No, everything is on by default.
    It should. You can read about Exploit prevention here: http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2013/control?qid=208286009
    So you don't hear sound notifications when it detects malware? Try disabling Use Windows defaults sound scheme in notifications and see if the pig sound is working.

5. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I have a license for KIS 2012 still valid for 6 month, so I tried to install KIS 2013 but got a error on installation.

I made a clean install and during installation I got this message:"Installing without Java, installation will continue after reboot" I did reboot as requested but then installation did not continue.

I tried it twice with the same results. Any idea what Java has to do with KIS?

6. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

i notice it says 11.45pm on your time.
    im from the uk and i think this has something to do with the fact that russia is approximately 3 hours ahead of us.
    only thing i can think of that would explain it.
    Regards.

7. Amin

Amin Registered Member

thanks.. u mean kaspersky uses its own time zone ?!
    btw im not that far from russia ! russia is the country in our neighborhood , so we havent got a 3 hours time difference , only 30 minute !

8. 3x0gR13N

Java or JavaScript? KIS doesn't need Java.
    Anyway, uninstall KIS, download the removal tool http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 and run it in Safe mode. Reboot and try installing 2013 again.
    If it doesn't work, try contacting official support.

9. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Thanks 3x0gR13N, It was Java and not JavaScript. I will try to run the removal tool during the week-end.

10. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Its fine now i fixed the sounds.

Why i ask about exploit prevention is because Kaspersky on the site, stating that it work with IE and FF, nothing about Chrome.

11. 3x0gR13N

Maybe Chrome is included but not mentioned specifically. ;)
    Even if Chrome isn't protected, the list of protected applications is updateable via simple database update, so it can be added in the future.

12. superssjdan

superssjdan Registered Member

Really really impressed with this .4190 build.As many modules as KIS 2013 has,it is really really light on my system.Installation was a breeze and have not encountered a single issue.Resource usage was impressive.No lag with online gaming.Page loads are quick.Program installations are quick and without issues.No noticeable impact on boot time.Safe money works perfectly.Kaspersky have really outdone themselves this year.Kudos to the programmers and thx to the beta testers:D

corei5
    win7x64 8gig memory
    1tb internal 1tb external hd
    nvidia gtx 470

13. waters

waters Registered Member

Not what i got here.Cant log on to shopping sites with safe money .User name and password not recognised

14. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

In this new version,can i block a program to connect to internet BEFORE it does?Simply put it,can i add manually new program rules?

15. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

16. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

I had to turn off heuristics in anti phishing setting due to a false positive.

17. JoeBlack40

18. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Set the Network Rules for all application groups (Trusted, Low Restricted, High Restricted) to Prompt.

You can then manually white-list, block or keep as prompt these when they try to connect to the internet as you will see a prompt asking you before it makes first or subsequent connection attempts.
    Kaspersky's actions must be set to interactive/non-automatic mode for this to work.

I personally think a prompt is better than block for most users as a block will make people think certain programs or legitimate activity do not work if an internet connection is required, eg, downloading updates.

19. JoeBlack40

Yeap,i know about this "trick" but i like better to add manually,like a normal firewall.And i remember with 2012 version using this settings,Kaspersky's firewall was keep asking me about some programs,including FF to allow them...after i allowed them the connection 2 or 3 times already.

20. 3x0gR13N

Normal if the parent process of the application you're getting popups for has network access restricted (even if child process is allowed). This is by design, as the restricted parent could gain network access via trusted/allowed child process.
    Instead of checking "remember rule" checkmark and clicking Allow you should select Create a rule option and go through the rule creation wizard.
    Modified predefined rules are subject to rules inheritance while newly added user defined rules are not subject to rules inheritance.

21. JoeBlack40

Thanks for explanations,if i decide to try KIS again i'll remember that.

22. 3x0gR13N

Patch A for MP1 is soon in betatest: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=243436

23. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

Installed KIS 2013 couple days ago - guys, it's absolutely sensational !! Runs smooth and very light - unbelievably good !

24. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

So 2013 is final? How do you upgrade if you are currently using 2012?

Thanks.

25. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

You download the installer for 2013, uninstall 2012, reboot, install 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.