KAV Crashing - Time to change again, I guess

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by richrf, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

The English version has just been released officially, but it's been available for some time now in other languages, that very build, and "unofficially" in English, too, and it's solid as a rock.

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for the additional info. I'll check back on the Kaspersky forum to see how things are going with the 7 release. Is anyone using KAV 7 with ZA 7. Thanks.

Rich

3. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

What order did you install them in? On Kaspersky's forum, users who install ZA and then KAV have issues... Users who install KAV and then ZA have much less...
    If you first installed ZA, then I suggest you try to uninstall both, install KAV and then install ZA.

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. What I ended up doing last weekend was to install KAV 7. There have been no crashes over the weekend, so what ever the conflicts were, they seem to have gone away. It all started with one of the KAV 6 auto updates, but I cannot remember which one. I kept hoping that an update would come along to solve the problem, but it required KAV 7 to clear it up.

Thanks again for your help. I have my fingers crossed.

Rich

5. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Richrf.......I have to agree with Firecat about AVG Anti-Malware. I've seen him mention it several times here at Wilders, and decided to give it a try. I've been running the trial version for a few weeks now, and I'm very happy with it. Support is good too. I'm just about ready to purchase a license. Give it a try.

6. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Graystoke,

Thanks for the additional recommendation. I will definitely pursue the possibility.

Regards,
    Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.