KAV 6.0 Prototpye Released!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ....., Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

waters, yes thers a bug there with the updater. ive sent a bug report to thema bout it, as im sure others have too

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Yep, same updater bug here as well. Also, switching between users through log-on/log-off (no FUS) is very slow.
    It IS good, Don! I would say make a image and try it :D :cool:

3. waters

waters Registered Member

Just done second scan and it took 3 minuites to scan 42566 files.No slowdown at all

4. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

id be interested in hearing peoples view on the firewall module as i didnt install the firewall myself. is it basically just KAH, or something new ? does it have any extended features like outpost?

5. controler

controler Guest

Has anyone read the release notes on their FTP site yet? :D

6. .....

..... Registered Member

I installed everything. I run a hardware firewall, so a software firewalls quality really doesnt bother me.

Firewall seems like it IS anti-hacker. Heres a screenshot of the options.

Attached Files:

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

:D

I'll waiting to test it on a more final release...

From what I'm seeing in this topic, it seems that this program will be excellent... ;)

I hope that the Web Anti-Virus should be a HTTP scanner and not only for IE...

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Some of you have tested this new version with the NOD32, avast! or AntiVir already installed on you computer?

Thanks

9. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

i tested it with drweb installed but disabled. and that didnt go too well

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Worked fine with avast! (disabled using AEC, plus disabled services and startup entry to prevent startup on restart)

11. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Web anti-virus works with FF.

12. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

What bases it is using or do u have options to chosee whether u would like to update standard..extended or supersecure. EXCITED :D

13. .....

..... Registered Member

See screenshot :rolleyes:

Uses ALL bases :cool:

Attached Files:

14. Nitrox

Nitrox Registered Member

This looks very interesting indeed, if they abandoned ADS tags then I will be very happy and will finally update from version 4.5 when the final does come out.
    Until then I will avoid version 5 which has been really buggy including the latest version. :D

15. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Tomorrow I will make a image backup and install it only to see the improvement... :D

Hope that doesn't exist some incompatibility with NOD32...

Cya

16. controler

controler Guest

Bringing back ALL bases and getting rid of the Tags is a huge improvement.
    Lets see if it stays that way. :)
    From what I see on this thread so far, it looks pretty darn good.
    Now for some leak tests right?

Bruce

17. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hehe...I knew it was the end of iStreams...I predicted it, just ask Don Pelotas!

18. orthocross

orthocross Registered Member

I downloaded this product (Kaspersky Internet Security 2006 prototype) this morning. It downloaded at less than 20K/sec on my 1.5mb/sec satellite connection, so I think it got corrupted on the way down.

Anyway, I attempted to install it on my system. Immediately, my OS crapped out, and restarted. I'm sure the product did not get completely installed, since once my OS returned, it showed me a "Windows has recovered from a serious error" dialog. Windows Error Reporting showed that the cause was an unknown driver (I assume it was a driver which the KAV installer installed). Nothing more from the program showed up on my desktop. There was no entry for the product in the Installed Programs part of "Add/Remove Programs" in Control Panel.

I deleted the Kaspersky entry in "C:\Program Files", then ran my Registry cleaner and first removed the Kaspersky entry, then searched for all occurrences of "kaspersky" in the Registry, and removed all which were returned by the search. I then did a global search for all files on C: which might contain the text "kaspersky" within the body of the file. I then deleted all these files.

Subsequently, I rebooted, then reinstalled Avast AV. After the install process finished, and rebooted again, it told me that Kaspersky was running, and so was unable to start the Avast on-access module (along with 2 other Avast modules) while Kaspersky was running.

I assume that I left behind all sorts of stuff from my radical delete of the Kaspersky folder. I have no idea how to do a totally clean removal of all Kaspersky files. :'(

Anyway, my Windows XP Pro Retail Upgrade is arriving via UPS tomorrow sometime, so I will do a clean install of XP Pro, and install another AV product, such as NOD32 or Norton Internet Security 2005.

P4 3.2gHZ
    Intel Chipset
    ASUS P4P800S Motherboard w/ 1024mb DDR SDRAM
    ATI AIW 9600 Pro w/128mb Video Ram
    Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS sound card
    Window XP Pro

19. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

Download the registry cleaning tool from IceKav systems...have to remove every single registry before u do a fresh install...cheers :)

20. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

i like pc cillian 2005? hotmail uses it 2..and theyre firewall is tick and leave alot of these virus firewalls make us dumb pc users freak out !..i hate pop ups asking me to tick this that cuz i got no idea anyhow?...I say pc cillian is better..lol maddawgz :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

21. SSK

SSK Registered Member

I'm sorry to see that it didn't work out on your system, but please be aware that the software is in prototype stadium (not even beta!).

22. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi,

I'm testing the new version and I'm very, very, very impressed with that :D

Excellent for a alpha/beta version...

The Mail Anti-Virus doesn't scan my incoming email in Thunderbird, and in the Web Anti-Virus the "Browser level" didn't maintain the check... :(

Regards

23. Unity

Unity Registered Member

That's weird , because my mails in Thunderbird 1.0 are scanned by the mail anti-virus protection.

24. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I´m really thinking about that too.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

25. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Yes, it's true you predicted the end of iStreams, Firecat. Let's hope iStreams is only missing in the prototype and that it will have a comeback in later version's. Otherwise (and i speak for all iStreams-fan's around the world) it's a sad day indeed. :'( :'( .............. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.