KAV 4.5 Lite Final

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by frank, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frank

frank Guest

I don't think this has been mentioned yet. But KAV 4.5 Lite is out of the beta phase now. I haven't tried this particular version yet, but past pro versions were always at the top of my list when considering good AVs.

The KAV Lite price is the same as etrust ez antivirus, $19.95. I don't see a price listed for updates though.

2. tahoma

tahoma Guest

can someone explain what the difference between pro and lite is ? does lite offer the same protection?

3. root

root Registered Member

Kav Lite offers the same protection and uses the same databases.
    Difference is no network coverage and a choice of three settings, with no tweaking of the settings.
    Good protection for a standalone at a low price. Can use it on a network if the other computers have AV protection of course.

4. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Posted by: frank    Posted on: Today at 09:57:32am

The KAV Lite price is the same as etrust ez antivirus, $19.95. I don't see a price listed for updates though.

Hey frank. I use Kav lite and its very good. There is just the once a year renewal which comes with a 10 % or 20 % discount next year. No additional costs for updates .

There is a nice forum that you may like to visit http://forums.useice.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3e6dceae4864ffff

5. tahoma

tahoma Guest

how does kav lite compare with drweb when it comes to speed, resource use and, of course detection rate?

if its as fast as drweb and thorough as kav pro i can see why people are using it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.