KAV 2010 slows down my computer

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by BigDave, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDave

BigDave Registered Member

Since installing the new KAV 2010, version 9.0.0.463 my computers are running slower than with KAV 2009. One computer had Internet Explorer problems such as web sites freezing up if I could get them to load at all. Outlook Express is very slow. I went into the registry and found some KAV 2009 folders and deleted them. That seemed to stop the web site freezing up and made everything run faster. It also worked on my second computer. KAV does not do a very good uninstall when upgrading from the 2009 to the 2010. KAV 2009 must conflict with the newer 2010. I would still like to see better performance from the 2010 in the future. Anyone else with similar problems using KAV 2010?

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I am using KIS 2010, but I'm not seeing the problems you are. Make sure you get rid of all of 2009 first. I would not recommend an over the top upgrade, if that is what you are doing.

3. BigDave

Yes, that is what I did. How do I get all the KAV 2009 and the 2010out of my computer so that I can reinstall it again?

4. bahamot

bahamot Registered Member

5. BigDave

Thanks, It looks like a uphill struggle.

6. BigDave

I cleaned out all my old KAV 2009 like you suggested but got to thinking about what really happened. First I had KAV 2009 version 8.0.0.506 installed. Then I installed the 2010 ver. 9.0.0.459 with a over the top upgrade as Kaspersky said that it would be o.k. The computer still functioned o.k. but I thought that it was running a little slow. Then I did a over the top 2010 ver. 9.0.0.463 and that one absolutely shut me down. I am running Windows XP2 Professional. So I am thinking that there may be some bugs in the .463 version and decided to install the KAV 2009 and to wait until the 2010 is upgraded again. Yeah, I chickend out trying to stick with a sure thing. The KAV 2009 ver. 8.0.0.506 is now installed on both my computers and is running like the wind. KAV is now working great. Someday when 2010 is upgraded again I will try to install it and hope it works.

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Good to hear you found a working solution. I find the 2010 version has some minor bugs, but the 2009 caused BSODs, so for me the 2010 is better. I see on their forums that they have posted an announcement that there will be an update between now and the public release of Windows 7 with some updates for that. Maybe they will fix some of the other issues as well. I don't expect to see it for a couple of months though.

8. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

I went back to 2009. 2010 was slowing down file copies, clicking on links took forever to respond. Also, I could not leave my computer on for more than a week, it would run out of handles, so something in KIS2010 is leaking handles.

Overall, very poor quality.

9. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I had some temporary freezing of windows xp and programs would freeze up just like its mentioned in post #1 however after uninstalling and reinstalling it again, everything (LOOKS ) to be fine, for now at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.