Katie DriveSentry

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DriveSentry, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DriveSentry

DriveSentry Registered Member

MikeNAS,

Also, ensure that 'trickle feed signatures' check box is not ticked within the 'Local Database Settings' section of the 'Options' screen. This will ensure that your local database is not updated with the latest signatures when they are available.

Thanks MikeNAS,

regards,

Kate.

2. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Thanks a lot. I continue my tests.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Thanks Kate for the reply.

I will consider it.

EASTER

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Hi Katie,As I am New to Drivesentry,I have just couple of question.
    (1) I really do not understand The Info bar,What purpose does it serve,other then to show the Writes,Denys and the lock down feature.
    (2)Why could this Not be with in the main GUI?.Thanks In Advance.Dave

5. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Because it looks cool :thumb:

6. Dark Shadow

It looks ok,Even better when it's not In the middle of the LCD when closing the main GUI.:D However still Does Not answer my question.

7. interact

interact Registered Member

Hot off my RSS feed :- Drivesentry have just announced a major pre-load deal in Europe. News here

~interact

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

this was mentioned by you 2 weeks ago congratulating Katie. It is only for hardware sold by PC World and not a major hardware manufacturer. You folks are really pushing hard. It is a kudo for DriveSentry but not as big as some may lead you to think. DS needs to not push so hard.;)

9. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

pcworld is basically the only good, maybe even the only one computer hardware store that people can actually walk into, here in the UK.

extremely big move from them. :thumb:

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Yep, kind of like the deal Webroot with Spy Sweeper made with Best Buy here in the US 3 years ago, or the Trend Micro deal they made 2 years ago. Wonder how many of those machines still have that software.:doubt:

11. interact

interact Registered Member

Very good point, alot of people are starting to question a yearly payment for Symantec, Mcafee etc. when you can download free A/V products like AVG and Avira which are just as good! I posted the news link as I noticed that PC World is selling Drivesentry for a one off payment and they're whitelisting PC's.

~interact

12. DriveSentry

Hi djohn,

Thanks for your interest and your questions.

1) The InfoBar is a feature of DriveSentry which sits on your desktop, a bit like a Vista Gadget. You do not have to minimize the GUI to the InfoBar if you do not want to. You may simply close the InfoBar to the task tray icon if you would prefer.

2) The information displayed on the small graphical InfoBar window is taken from the Logs screen where a similar graph can be seen.

Personally i love the InfoBar! But i maybe a little biased :p !

I hope this answers your questions,

regards,

Kate.

13. DriveSentry

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of your support....

Just to let you know that we are also releasing a FREE version of DriveSentry within the next two weeks. Using the FREE version users will be alerted when signature updates are available. To enable DriveSentry's "tricklefeed" feature, which facilitates real time automatic updates to the local DB, the user will need to pay a small one off payment. Lifetime license - NO annoying subscriptions neccesary!

I will keep you posted with the release date of the DriveSentry FREE!!

thanks again to everyone

kind regards,

Kate.

14. Dark Shadow

Thank you Katie for prompt response,and so far Its seems to be working well.Kind Regards Dave

15. MikeNAS

I protect couple of my hd partitions and done some tests. What I found is that I can made new folders without prompts and delete them. If I try to create simple txt file etc. DS prompts immediatelly. Okay that's not so bad but I can format partition without a single prompts. And that's really bad :(

16. DriveSentry

Hi MikeNas,

Thanks for your feedback.

I would like to point out that we will be adding Master boot record and sector support in the near future.

thanks for your comments,

kind regards,

Kate.

17. MikeNAS

No problem. After all I'm happy DS user ;)

18. L815

L815 Guest

I've decided to give DriveSentry a try :D
    Looks good:thumb:

19. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I was waiting for someone to do the weekly "bump".:cautious:

20. nagan

nagan Registered Member

I downloaded the DriveSentry 3.0.3.1 available from Download.com.On the first run I found a few anomalies (some glaring) which you may look into.

1.High CPU usage during the first run when according permissions to software.I had to shut it down and restart and it came to normalcy.

2.The GUI is very amateurish.No fullscreen display on any option is set and all the entries (esp in the corners)in the top menu are not visible.

3.On running a scan I get the info -not able to contact the advisor,even though the internet is on.

4.After disconnecting it from the internet the scan functions!!!

5.The guest welcome screen asking the user to feed some numbers came up on random suddenly.No basis on how I got it.

So I prefer to wait and watch.Definitely it seems power packed but the basics have to be right.I look forward to the same.Thanks.

21. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

I'm not sure if it is improved but I tried it about a month ago and it had quite a lot of pop ups for a partially intelligent behavioural blocker.

22. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

It probably is improved as i received very few popups.

23. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Really? OK maybe I'll try it again soon.:D

24. 337

337 Registered Member

Katie,

Any word on the release date of the next version?
    Thanks!!
    :thumb:

25. DriveSentry

Hi Someone,

I would just like to inform you that, as GES/POR mentioned, DriveSentry is now uniquely unobtrusive to the user and their system. It includes an Auto-Advisor feature which blocks the bad programs, allows access to good programs and only queries the unknown. As the blaklist and the whitelist increase, popup notifications for unknown programs are becoming few and far between. This is because, along with statistics from the growing Advisor community, the grey area of unknown programs is becoming smaller and smaller.

I hope you will give DriveSentry another try. There will be a new release available to download and use for FREE ;) by the end of this week so watch this space...http://www.drivesentry.com/drivesentry_desktop_download.html

Nice to hear from you,

kind regards,

Kate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.