Katie DriveSentry

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DriveSentry, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I will be watching this program closed. I tested it again briefly last night. The memory usage is still at about 90meg for me. Once they fix that, I will be on board.

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

wow 90 meg, mine stays pretty steadily between 30-45.

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Maybe it is a vista vs. xp issue.

4. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

I noticed that John from their support forums backed up what Katie said about working on the memory issue.

Re: Memory usage keeps climbing
    by john on Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Flakor,

A new build is being prepared this week to resolve the memory usage. Once again we apologize for the delay we are just as keen to have this issue resolved.

Thanks,

John - Support.

I stopped using DS because of this problem and am glad they are working on it.
    Look forward to trying out the next build. :)

5. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

Hello Katie

I have a few questions, I have been looking at DriveSentry for awhile now after reading reviews seeing how it works through the youtube videos and such and was going to install it today after reading somewhere that its compatible with other AV programs (I have a Norton 2008 subscription about to run-out in a few weeks then im going to replace with Avast!) and well I tried to Install it and the installed asked me to Remove Norton is this correct? since I read that its compatible with other Av programs. My second question is I use a few USB drives and was looking for some protection on one of them and I noticed on your site your GoAnywhere program so I looked for the price after reading that there is a price and was unable to find it on your website could you tell me what it is?

Thanks for the help

6. DriveSentry

DriveSentry Registered Member

Hi Antimalware18,

1.) We used to state that DriveSentry was a complementary product to existing AV solutions but this is no longer the case now we have our own signature database with over 2.1 million signatures in it.
    DriveSentry is currently compatible with the majority of third party AV products but we have found random issues with some products (especially Kaspersky :mad: ) Things like this are often out of our control and change from time to time depending on what new functionality third party products come out with - hence we decided to inform people in the install.

2.) GoAnywhere is $10

Hope this helps

Kate.

7. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

Hello,

Thank you Katie DriveSentry I hope DriveSentry Is compatable with Avast! since as far as I have seen DriveSentry is a excellent product I havent even used it truely yet and I can already tell I would like it.
    Thanks for giving me the price for GoAnywhere I will most likely be buying a license for it :)

Thanks

8. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Just noticed there`s a drivesentry.exe added to the latest signature :blink: :D

9. firzen771

lol i just noticed that to.

10. Victek

Victek Registered Member

So, how's that version 3.2 coming? :)

11. DriveSentry

Hi Guys,

drivesentry.exe in the signatures was us testing, DS has NOT suddenly mutated into a virus! :D

Version 3.2 is on the way (early Jan), but we should have a build out in the next few days that sorts the memory issue out some of you are having.

In the meantime we are pleased to announce the release of DriveSentry GoAnywhere V2. This now includes AES drag and drop encryption so you can encrypt your data on the move. Its available as a 30 day trial from our website http://www.drivesentry.com

Regards
    Kate.

12. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Good to know Kate. ;)
    Any chance of being able to buy it on your website, since it doesn't work through the program, as posted before?

TIA & keep up the good work. :)

13. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Kate,

Is this a promise?

The "memory issue" build has been eagerly anticipated for a while.

Ian

14. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

Since installing Process Lasso, Drivesentry memory usage has been between 9 -39MB. Previously 30 - 45 MB. With or without Process Lasso Drivesentry has been working well for me.

Looking forward to the updates.

15. simisg

simisg Registered Member

hi katie what about drivesentry scan from context menu option ? for scan with drivesentry any file in the hard disk quick!!

16. rOadToIS

rOadToIS Registered Member

Katie,
    I've experienced abnormal termination of DriveSentry for 2 days.
    I couldn't run DriveSentry. When I tried to run it, nothing happened. I didn't even get any error messages!
    I solved this problem by reinstalling DriveSentry.
    I was using DriveSentry for about a week without any problems untill 2days ago.
    Do you know what could have caused this?

17. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

Is there a problem with the signatures not updating in a limited account on Vista? Also the advisor is not working although I don't really care about the map. I never noticed a problem before but I did a reinstall of Vista and something may have changed. I was using the Norton UAC tool before but have not installed it yet. Running as admin Drivesentry functions normally.

18. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

Then you can as well set admin permissions to the DS installation folder.

19. firzen771

when version 3.2 is out, would we need to uninstall drivesentry then re-install the new version, OR would the install just be installed over the previous install, OR will it be streamlined in through like automatic update?

20. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

I tried that but it didn't work. Maybe I'm doing some thing wrong. No big deal, I'll wait and see how the new version works out. Funny thing is I don't remember having a problem before I reinstalled the factory image.

21. DriveSentry

Hi Guys,
    In answer to a couple of questions:

1.) what about drivesentry scan from context menu option ?
    Its definitely something we plan to implement, we've had a few people request it so I expect it will be in the release after 3.2.

2.) when version 3.2 is out, would we need to uninstall drivesentry then re-install the new version, OR would the install just be installed over the previous install

We built a new install/uninstall process into the last release (3.1) so you'll get automatic notification through the software when a new update is available. If you choose to update, the new build will be downloaded and installed automatically over the top of the old one - so no need to deinstall first :)

Regards

Kate.

22. jonnypop

jonnypop Registered Member

Katie,

Can you tell me if there would be any issues using Drivesentry Goanywhere on the Ironkey usb drive if you know?

John

23. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

The "memory issue" solution on the way is out of date.

http://forum.drivesentry.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=199&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30

Same old story and nothing happens(ed).

You shoot yourselves in the foot when you estimate and don't deliver.

How about "we are a small company with limited resources and given the current climate we are trying to maximise our revenue streams by launching...The memory issue is on the back-burner for now"

Ian

24. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I requested that context menu scan feature too LINK a long time ago when I was beta testing DS and it never got added back then, which by the way, I got this response, "The idea is really neat and we will include it soon". :D - The idea is really "NEAT", whom... how about useful?

The memory leak has been around for a while too LINK but never got fixed for me, so I stopped using DS.

dja2k

25. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Going on 9 months and they still haven't fixed the memory leak, despite multiple promises to do so. My guess is that they cannot figure out HOW to fix it. Thus, DS remains in quasi-beta status.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.