Katie DriveSentry

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DriveSentry, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DriveSentry

DriveSentry Registered Member

There is a new version available to download from the website DriveSentry 3.1.2.

This release contains many tweaks and fixes and will solve many problems which have been highlighted on this forum.

thanks

enjoy the new build,

Kate :D

2. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Katie,

Could you answer this, please.

Why isn't the database updated daily or more frequently?

Thank you.

3. DriveSentry

Hi Ian,

We are currently doing a maintenance upgrade on the server and it will be updated soon. A small number of users are experiencing this problem. It is something we are fully aware of and are working on rectifying this whilst upgrading the server.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Ensure that you 'trickle feed signatures' check box is ticked within the Options screen to recieve signature updates as and when they come in.

thanks for the question,

kind regards

Kate.

4. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

OK.

I'll watch out for an improvement in the update frequency.

Another thing I'm noticing is that DS can show 25meg on Task Manager one time I look, with another time it only showing 1M. Why is this?

Ian

5. DriveSentry

Hi Ian,

I have put your question to the team and it appears that the memory usage goes down a lot when DriveSentry is minimized.

The “Mem Usage” column in task manager process view shows how much memory is currently in use, and is really in physical RAM rather than in virtual (disk) memory. The OS may swap out a lot of memory when the DS is minimized so would explain why the figures fluctuate so much. This is mostly visible when using XP.

thanks for your question. I hope this helps.

kind regards,

Kate

6. carioca

carioca Registered Member

o_O

hi, buddies,
    may I use drivesentry with another firewall like comodo firewall pro? may It conflict with another security software?I'd aprecciate your hints . Is there a software list that conflicts with another security software ? I'd appreciate your hints. best regards.

:cool:

7. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Hi Katie.
    Two questions:
    1- do you provide multi-language localizations, or just english ?
    2- what happens after 30 days if you don't buy a license? can you still update manually, or not at all?

Best regards,
    François

8. DriveSentry

Hi fblais,

1 - We currenly only have English language version of DriveSentry. We will be developing multi language versions in the future.

2 - After 30 days you can still use DriveSentry for free. the only difference is that when an update to your database is available you will be alerted through a small information bubble at the bottom of your screen. You will then be required to update manually.

You can check the level of your database at any time through the 'Options' screen. If it is not 100% full, simply select the synchronize button which will take you to the signature synchronization screen.

Upgrading simply enables, hassle free, automatic updates so that you are not alerted.

I hope this answers your questions.

kind regards,

Kate.;)

9. DriveSentry

Hi Carioca,

DriveSentry should work fine with firewalls such as Comodo firewall, as long as DriveSentry can access the Internet to obtain updates from the Online Advisor DB and access community advice.

We recommend that you shutdown other security products whilst installing DriveSentry. We do not recommend running two products that use the same methods of protection as this may cause conflicts.

I hope this answers your questions. I hope you enjoy the software. Let me know if you need any help or have any more questions.

kind regards,

Kate.

10. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

I have just experienced a problem with DriveSentry.

I ran Win Media Player 9 for the first time, and got-
    DriveSentry.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    - after setting WMP up.

I am using winxpSp3.

11. DriveSentry

Hi Searching___

Thanks for your question. This is an issue which is currently being investigated by QA as it has been experienced by another user. QA are dealing with this. I will keep you posted and try to get some answers as soon as possible.

thanks for your feedback,

kind regards,

Kate.

12. DriveSentry

Hi Guys,

If anyone is at all interested. We are to be releasing DriveSentry GoAnywhere 2.0 Beta onto our Forum today. Follow the above link - the beta resides under company news.

DriveSentry GoAnywhere 2.0 (Beta) provides standalone antivirus protection for removable media and the first version of DriveSentry's new portable encryption facility.

DriveSentry GoAnywhere uses a AES 256 encryption algorithm, allowing you to encrypt data on your device and the host system which the GoAnywhere device is inserted. Your GoAnywhere device and unique user password is required during encryption and decryption of data.

This 2.0 Beta is NOW AVAILABLE to download from the DriveSentry Forum.

It can be installed onto any removable USB device which diaplays a drive letter in Windows Explorer...:)

Let me know your thoughts;) .

Thanks guys,

talk soon

Kate

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  13. Searching_ _ _

I would be interested in seeing the complete version number listed on the web site as well as the automatic new version alert. Additionally maybe include current version number installed, viewed by the automatic alert.

Is there a changelog?

14. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i do wonder when this AV will hit the market of testers.......

curious to know ;)

are DS planning on entering any?

15. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Hi Kate, do you know any problem between SSM or KIS and Drive Sentry ? I tried twice to install Drive Sentry, naturally previous I had disabled SSM and I setted Drive Sentry.exe in trusted zone in KIS 7.0. Every time the installing process seemed regular but, after the reboot, my pc freezed and I had to restore a previous disk image. I don't understand if the problem is in KIS - though I setted DS in trusted zone - or in SSM: may be, also if I disabled it, that some SSM process at the low level worked at the same ?

16. DriveSentry

Hi Searching____

The official release of DriveSentry GoAnywhere should be available within the next couple of weeks. however i am using the Beta version and have not had any problems as yet so would recommend having a look at it before the official release. I have made a request to show the current version number in the version update dialog. Are you already using the official release version Of DSGA?

thanks

kate.

17. DriveSentry

Hi C.S.J

We have already been awarded WestCoast Labs Checkmark certification. We have a few others in mind for the near future. Do you have any suggestions on this?

thanks,

kate.

18. DriveSentry

Hi Blacknight,:)

Yes it sounds like there may be a conflict of some kind here. please could you let me know the full program names and versions which you mention and anything else you are running which may effect DS. Also please let me know the exact version of DS you are running and the OS you are using.

With this information i can get QA to do a more detailed test for this.

thanks in advance,

kate ;)

19. DriveSentry

Also...change log is currently being updated and available to view on the DriveSentry forum :D

20. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Hi Kate, :) , I sent to you all the needed informations ( I hope ;) ) by PM. Thanks. ;)

21. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

AV-Comparitives, AV-Test.org, Virus.gr, VirusBtn, Shadowserver, Anti-Malware Test Lab n PCMag.

Best regards,

Ges

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  22. Searching_ _ _

I 'm not using Goanywhere. I was refering to DriveSentry itself.

Would like to see the new version alerts showing complete old and new version #'s.
    When I checked the forum previously, there didn't seem to be much activity.
    8/3 or 4 or so, last post had been 7/31 in the forum. I recieved a DriveSentry notification and I could not verify via your sources. That was for 3.1.2.
    The website doesn't list the current complete version #. I thought to check support, software and watch the scrolling message for the current version.

What I did. Checked NO. Went to the main site, downloaded new version. Disconnect from the internet. Uninstalled old, reboot. Installed new version. Reconnect to internet all good.

Sorry if my previous post was confusing,

Searching

Edit:
    DriveSentry Desktop v3.0.3 released
    by dsadmin on Thu May 01, 2008 9:20 am
    This was the latest entry I could find at changelog.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  23. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

Katie DriveSentry work on vista x64?

24. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Unfortunately, AFAIK none of those testing organizations does any regular testing of HIPS applications. They mainly test antivirus apps.

Lacking test data of HIPS, your best approach would be to read through a number of threads here in Wilder's "other anti-malware" topic. Herein you will find lengthy user comments, configuration tips, tutorials, & a few "home-grown" tests for such HIPS as DriveSentry, Rising, EQSecure, Comodo FWP, System Safety Monitor, Online Armor, etc.

If you plan on testing HIPS, I suggest you make a system drive image before each such test. Even a good & stable HIPS can sometimes cause serious stability problems.

25. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

When was the last test with WestCoast Labs Checkmark? Did it include Anti-spyware and removal? I recently purchased Outpost Security Suite 2009 and I wanted another layer without any conflicts.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.