Kaspersky v.8 (2009) Official Technical Release is out

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Macstorm, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

I got your point. Please enjoy KAV/KIS.

My point is, if KAV/KIS decided to put crap on people's hard drive, they should have warned people at the time when the product being installed, so that people can choose if they want to continue to install. Customers have the rights to know this since they paid for the product.

2. oliverjia

Why don't you shut up? This forum is not only for you to show your opinion and this forum is not your private place.
    Why don't you get out of here?
    I just want to let people know what KAV/KIS did to their hard drive so that they can make their choice. I did NOT ask you to ditch your favorite kav. Who do you think you are to make people not having the rights to know more about the program?

3. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Sorry I love wilders.
    Btw, i don't believe a word of what you're saying :thumbd:

Enjoy your stay here :rolleyes:

4. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

and say what. we are going to create object ids, but you know what... you might already have them.
    object identifiers are a "natural" component of the NTFS "ecosystem"

wow... btw, why didn't someone already close this topic....

5. oliverjia

I don't care if YOU believe my word or not. I am just telling a fact.
    If you don't believe in a fact, then please don't respond to my post.
    :thumbd:

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

this topic is to celebrate Kav and kis2009 getting the TR status its not here to make up rubbbish about kaspersky.

7. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

I agree with lodore...the point is made (and several times over). We will never all agree. Can we please move on or close down this thread as it is starting to be pointless. More words will not convince anyone either way!:blink:

8. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

I haven't tested it yet, but I really hope they have fixed the surfing hang. It was really annoying when a webpage hanged for some seconds, EVERY time you wanted to go to a site. That made me ditch Kaspersky.

But I'll give it a new chance since this is a new version.

9. oliverjia

Make up rubbish?
    clean your mouth before you talk. If you are so blind that can not see a fact, then don't show you ignorance by attacking other people.

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i was trying to be nice.
    i am trying to stop the thread from going off topic.

11. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Come on Guys.
    Let's stay on topic and stop shouting at eachother !!!

12. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

It's been fixed all right, at least on my comp it doesen't hang anymore :thumb: , in fact, it's lightening fast at loading sites :thumb:. Talking about fastness, the scanning speed is awesome, for a Russian AV :D
    My problem is the GUI. Please bring it back to something like V.6. It's IMHO the best GUI ever for ANY AV.
    Still testing :)

Cheers

13. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

it is on topic, Kaspersky & the release of 2009. It's important to discuss issues that causes a company to release IMO quickly a new version less than a year after a major release (v7) & the issue of chkdsk that since that release had caused some issues. How the company goes about the handling of those issues has everything to do with the new version IMHO...

14. plantextract

it's not the chkdsk issue, it's just that you have to develop inovative things to provide best protection. or do you think that hips and the new engine were developed "on the side" and the main cause was the chkdsk thing?

as for issues, what's the chkdsk issue in 2009, is it still there?

15. Jin K

Jin K Registered Member

I have test the heruistic = light scan :)

on a new sample of backdoor.poison

and this is the result

http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=35127616jx8.png

but the bad news :(

is that kaspersky when it scan the file 8kb he detect it again and again ....... and stuck at 99%

and when i click delete it take a long time then its poped up and deleted but i don’t see the backup file ??

and another problems when i browse ie7 its a little slow

i wish that these problems will be fix in the next release .

16. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

[going off]
    oliverjia,
    tbh, you'll need some expert/forensic-type of tools to prove your point. For example, I'm not seeing the same behavior as you are, used space does increase but so do the number of files and their size, which is completely normal as explained in my previous post (every application produces this kind of behavior). Heck, it could be just Windows showing wrong info or some other running application causing that. :doubt: I completely understand you, your trust in Kaspersky has been crippled, but don't force your "facts" and experience into other peoples heads. You have said what you have, I (we) haven't been convinced based upon mine (our) experience and tests, so there is not much you can do really. Call me "blind to the truth" but I (and many others) don't see any malicious behavior in technologies like iSwift (or iChecker)- they are both well documented and explained on the Technical support site, and additionally many users don't give a cookie to know what ObjectIDs are or how iSwift/iChecker works, nor should they be scarred by some random guy on the net saying how those technologies will "alter your computer forever" (quite an exaggeration :rolleyes: ). This is not an attack in any manner, and with this post I'll end my reply's to you (or anyone following your path) because, and you'll agree, more posts will not convince anyone either way ;)
    [/off]

JasSolo,
    the GUI can be replaced by a preferred skin uploaded/posted on Kaspersky club, as with v7. :) But I do find the GUI not so flexible as with v7 (compare the v8 GUI from KAV and KIS :p).

17. larryb52

yes that the point is it or isn't it & what else did they side step to get quickly to 2009, I had purchased v7 in November now 2009 is available?, it's May 2008 you have to admit that's fast...also the chg of how they designate their software v5,v6,v7 now they side step & do 2009v...& the interface that worked so well in v6 & v7 is chged. Misdirection, they dress it up call it something else, I'm still suspious of other irregularities, Once bitten twice shy...

18. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

The whole iSwift issue could be stopped with a simple checkbox in the GUI (enable/disable iSwift)

19. 3x0gR13N

There is that option, for both real-time and on-demand scans. :)

F&M.JPG scn.JPG

20. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Hi Jas,
    You are right, this new v.8 is a complete breeze regarding to performance.
    I had to leave my beloved GData.. for a while?..who knows ;)

This 'Technical Release' was too tempting to resist :D

21. larryb52

that's nice but I'm still suspect. Look this is a forum about security issues & programs that help protect our computers from people who would infect said computers with programs to steal info, delete files or what have you. When one of those companies takes you money sells you a program & the program that is suppose to protect it does something to your computer that just isn't right there needs to be more explaination than a new version that is renamed & given a fresh coat of paint. FWIW while anyone here maybe able to shutdown the iswift & I checker technology, the average joe does not nor will not look, sorry just my opinion...

22. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Thanks. With previous versions, you had to edit the registry to disable these technologies.
    So people. stop complaining.

What does "Deep Scan" (the checkbox below "Rootkit scan") do?

23. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

Wrong. Same same with v.7 :D

Cheers

24. plantextract

doubles scan time

Rootkit scan. Rootkits are sets of tools that can hide malicious programs in your operating system. These utilities are injected into the system, hiding their presence and the presence of processes, folders, and registry keys of other malicious programs described in the configuration of the rootkit. If you are scanning for viruses, you can set up in-depth scanning for rootkits by selecting Deep scan. If you do so, the scan will carefully search for these programs by analyzing a large number of various objects. These checkboxes are deselected by default, since this mode requires significant operating system resources.

from the help

25. 3x0gR13N

Partially true :p
    AFAIK, to disable iSwift/iChecker in real-time scans in v7 you had to change the setting via registry (opposed to v8, where you can do it from the GUI as shown above), but for on-demand scans you could do it from the GUI. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.