Kaspersky v.8 (2009) Official Technical Release is out

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Macstorm, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

How many process new KIS is using?
    What about CPU usage during normal work?

2. ablatt

ablatt Registered Member

I noticed earlier in the thread KAS still uses iswift and ichecker.

So how have they fixed the chkdsk issues?

Are they know longer using object ids to store information or are they doing it in a different way?

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

that is no longer an issue. With this version everything is different.

4. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

To be honest that whole thing was blown completely out of proportion. KAV/KIS 7 was a great product even when it did use ObjectIDs. Seriously though, who runs chkdsk on a regular basis, in terms of home users?

5. osip

osip Registered Member

Very light, scans very fast...in fact the fastest and lightest I´ve seen so far.But, if you have FP:s it´s a nightmare to exclude and figure out right configuration...You have a "trusted" in HIPS which differs from the AV:s "trusted zone"...My issue was solved only after the kasp lab took care of it through an update...failed to solve it through the config.But, with an easier to understand config table this is a revolution in an overall security suite! At least that´s my non expert humble review....

6. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

actually, it's easy to exclude. you go to the Detected window and right click the entry, then choose Add to exclusions

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

osip, I agree. I am running in high settings of everything and on a full scan 5 FPs were flagged. Took me a tad to figure out how to exclude them for the future. The neat thing is a full scan is one of the fastest I have used. Then you can set it to scan only new and changed files like the old version. Doing this your scan times are nothing. I realize I am tooting high today, but it is a complete 360 from version 7.

planetextract, where were you last night when I needed you. But yes, simple to exclude.

8. osip

osip Registered Member

Generally yes, but if you have a FP virus red alarm alert the file gets deleted by reboot even if you´ve choosen block instead of disinfect in the alarm nag...Deleted, means it´s gone...and the exclusion option is gone...

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Would that mean that it is reasonably possible that some files got deleted that would be needed in another application and problems would arise?

Best,
    Jerry

10. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

Hi trjam,
    can you post the locations of those 5 FPs? Are they by any chance, lets say, Quicktime, MS Office, FF or Opera files? If they are, those aren't FPs, they are detected as Vulnerabilities because the applications are probably outdated and pose a security threat (exploitable by malware, as you already know :D). Kaspersky is now using the Secunia database to detect such (possible) security holes... :)

(P.S nice to be here, first time poster :p)

11. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

did you use automatic mode? that automatically deletes stuff.
    the disinfect vs block option allows choosing between delete now (which might not work) or delete on reboot.

also, when you delete a file, you cna restore it from the all detected malware section, right click, restore.

12. osip

osip Registered Member

Yes in my case it was...but in favour of kasp lab it was taken care of very fast.But, the similar could occur...
    KISaston.png

In config I obviously wrongly putted the file in wrong tab...Could´nt find solution before the FP was taken care of by def upd...
    trusted.png

But, and I mean BUT, this is still a TR and the suite is in all aspects marvelleous...With fine tuning and config improvements it takes them all!!! What a competition is going on....

13. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Yes... You've already asked that question... (post 8 ) and I've already answered (post 21) in this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=205467

wakey wakey :)

14. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

where can i download this new version, on kaspersky FTP i only see v.8.0.0.0.346 RC2

15. osip

osip Registered Member

Good, if I´m somnolent I beg my pardon...Fine?
    I´m not asking the same particular question...I´m talking about when facing the same kind of problem...
    I thought that user problems was of concern ? Not all are high tech...
    ---------
    added:
    if that´s you, maybe ....

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  16. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

So far I'm highly impressed. Very fast browsing...fast scanning...a tremendous improvement over version 7. Big thumbs up to Kaspersky. :thumb: .

17. lodore

lodore Registered Member

if it deletes a file doesnt it automatically back it up first just like in kis7.0?
    so in the case of an fp turn off file av,restore the file from backup zip it in a password protected archive and then turn file av back on.
    not that hard tbh.

18. Hezakiah

Hezakiah Registered Member

So here we go again, My Systweak key thats good until 04/2010 is not compatible with this release. Same thing happened when v.7 arrived. I have the april 30th RC installed and not the beta installed. Any ideas? BTW in the meantime I have the trial going.

19. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, osip and Lodore.
    Lodore, how would one know to do that if someone had not told him? I does appear complicated enough so that an average user, me, would have no idea what to do.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

20. osip

osip Registered Member

Well, in my case only after reporting to the lab it´s OK...Deleted and vanished...I had to dig after the file from another snapshot to send it for analyze...Maybe I mishandled the issue, could be, but in spite of this the suite is remarkable...

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

HeyHezakiah ,
    i have a boxed version of Kaspersky internet security 6.0 and my key wont work with Kis 2009 so i have to submit a support request in about a month when it comes out offically on there website. KL 6 and lower keys wont work with KL 2009 and will have to be replaced by support when it comes out offically.
    KL 7 keys will work fine with KL 2009.

22. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Two, same as before.

23. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Actually you are correct. They were not FPs. They were vulnerabilities. Sorry. There is so much to this suite it takes some getting use to. But damn, I love playing with it.;)

24. L815

L815 Guest

So no more Object ID's?
    I guess I'll have to give it a shot!

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2008
  25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

no offense but that same question has been asked and answered twice in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.