Kaspersky Upgrade / what to do? Kaspersky Support not replying to my emails...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by financialhost, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. financialhost

financialhost Registered Member

As my Kaspersky licence recently expired – I want to know if I should stick with my current product (Kaspersky Anti Virus Personal Pro 5.0.527) or is it better to upgrade to Kaspersky 6.

Which product is better?

If I need to upgrade then do I need to uninstall Kaspersky Anti Virus Personal Pro first – in that case is there any instructions to do this (as sometimes Anti-Virus programs must be removed special ways to completely clean up).

I sent several emails to Kaspersky but they don't seem to care to reply. It is very annoying and at this point i would normally change to another company but i know Kaspersky is a good product - it is obviously their customer & sales support which is poor.

Any help, appreciated.

(Sorry i posted this in the wrong forum by mistake.. can someone move this to other antivirus forum please)....

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

If you wish to stick with KL (and no reason not to), V6 is a lot better IMHO

This is generally a good approach, even if not required

Depending on your location, go with a local reseller. I'm in the US and use ICE Systems, they're top notch. If you're in a different locale, try one of your local resellers.

Blue

3. Xin

Xin Lurker

I choose upgrade to Kaspersky® internet security 6.0.2.621.

You can downloads 30 days trial version .
    downlaods kaspersky® software ftp://ftp.kaspersky.com/products/release/

If you like it ,within 30 days enter activation code can change to the official version.

4. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Have a look at this article, Migrating to KAV6 in 20 minutes(PDF):
    http://www.ice-kav.com/downloads/kavdoc/MigratingtoKAV6.pdf

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I concur with Blue. Ice Systems is top notch, and a bit cheaper to boot. KAV 6.0 is a big improvement over 5.0, and 7.0 is another step up. The have me hooked.:D

Pete

6. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

7. sunrise

sunrise Registered Member

8. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Sent to what address?........................ onlinesales? http://www.kaspersky.com/renew

You should definitely upgrade, only upgrades to the engine/signatures is available to 5.0 users, otherwise it is discontinued.

Yes, you have to uninstall 5.0 first.

9. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

I think you should upgrade as long as you are happy with Kaspersky. Version 6 is excellent and they are already beta testing version 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.