Kaspersky updated to 6.0.0.300

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wujxin, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I'm a little confused here with KAV 6 and the proxy thing. I'm running KAV 6 along with Kerio 4.3.246 paid version. I have Kerio setup with Web Filtering (Advertising and Popups blocked) enabled. HIPS and NIPS also enabled. I have KAV 6 setup in default except for the Web AV portion, which I didn't install. Is there a problem running KAV 6 and Kerio 4 together like this? Is KAV 6 acting as a proxy in this setup? If I have to shut down the Mail AV portion in KAV 6, I might as well just remove KAV all together.

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I've been gone for three weeks. Got back a couple of days ago and just noticed this thread which is very confusing.

The first post states this upgrade is for KIS 2006 and KAV 2006 is not mentioned. However, other posters speak of KAV 2006 as well as KIS 2006.

I have KAV 2006. Do I need this upgrade? I do not have webAV installed nor do I have the mail scanner installed. I am quite satisfied with KAV 2006 the way I use it. I see no slowdowns, no problems.

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

The problem is that KAV 6's script blocker is part of the Web AV, so if you disable that you will no longer be blocking dangerous scripts while you surf.

By using KAV 5, I have use of the Script blocking facility, even though it has no Web AV as such. As far as I'm concerned that is better than trying to use KAV 6 but disabling parts of it.

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

To my knowledge Mele2 does not use IE, so the scriptchecker is of no use to her anyway and those that do use IE, most would only need to uncheck "Scan HTTP traffic" to keep the scriptchecker.

5. Don Pelotas

No, you do not have to download 300, all fixes will be installed via the updater (if you have "Update program modules" selected), but major new versions (300 isn't) will probably have to be downloaded at least until the first maintenance pack (around juli).

6. crazy4stef

crazy4stef Registered Member

It's not convenient for users to uninstall old version and install a new one when there goes a update.

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

You may be able to restore at least the Ad blocking, even with the HTTP scanner installed if you use either of these options;

1. In the ZoneAlarm Program Control area. Right-click on the KAV entry in the Programs list, > Options >select 'Enable Privacy for this program'.

2. De-select port 80 in Settings>Service>Network settings>Data ports.

8. Don Pelotas

Option one should be enough.:)

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  9. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I sometimes use IE (was testing IE7 beta but have uninstalled it), however, I am a dedicated Proxomitron user for years now (with Sidki's great configs) so I don't really need a scriptchecker. Fx is my default browser.

10. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Thank you. That is good to know that the fixes will be installed via the updater. I dislike having to uninstall one version and then install a later one.

11. Don Pelotas

Major ones like the MP1 will probably have to, but updates to drivers and fix-type of updates have been promissed by the developers to be via the updater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.