Kaspersky: SOPA Divides the World into Criminals and Idiots

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by woomera, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woomera

woomera Registered Member

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Eugene is 150% right. Besides, greedy companies always want to show how piracy is bad. Sure, i don't encourage users to pirate software, but honestly, it's a part of software eco-system. You just have to make a step back and look at the situation and take advantage of that. For example how avast! Software sent notifications to all users of pirated versions of avast! that they are using pirated software and that they should consider buying the real deal instead.
    I can safely bet that this had more success than sending letters and threatening these users with lawsuits. Sure not all converted but i'm sure some did. They should just leave 20 years old business models behind. All companies had to evolve in order to survive, just music, movie and software industry seems to be sticking with ancient business models. Some have moved on, some haven't and died, others like movie/music industry just don't seem to die off. Which can mean only one thing, they generate loads of money, yet they still complain. If they weren't making enough money, they'd be gone long ago. They just want to make more by not investing anything. Why should they be any different than everyone else heh...

3. woomera

woomera Registered Member

i agree with you, i remember reading somewhere that media companies should do what piracy systems do like torrent websites which is streaming their contents and charge for the advertisement they show on that website and come to think of it isnt that how tv networks makes money ...
    anyway i live in one of the worst places in the world politic wise (iran) and i can say from my experience that what Piracy Act will do is the same thing that dictatorship countries like mine are doing and that is censorship.
    UAE have some really really strict laws against even simple crimes. lets say you steal a candy, you'll loose an arm but does that stop people from committing crimes? no and the same thing goes for piracy and i hesitate to say this but look at piracy from our point of view, if we cant buy a product which we can and effort and willing to pay for but we cant cause of sanctions does that mean we really dont deserve it?

anyway US is dropping an step closer to the rank of countries like Syria,iran and egypt. good luck to you guys living on the other side...

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Already using it but this will get them a definite renewal.

5. hawki

hawki Registered Member

6. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Very cool stuff. Go Kaspersky!

7. x942

x942 Guest

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I think I shall switch over to kaspersky as well. They seem to have good taste in politics and security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.