Kaspersky Setup after install XP Pro?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Howard, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard

Howard Guest

Good morning all,
    The main question is that I am not sure just how Kaspersky should be setup initially.
    What should be 'enabled' or 'running' when I boot up my computer. I see that Kaz installed itself into Outlook email so I assume that it is monitoring traffic there.
    Am I protected if I have the "Anti-Virus Monitor" running in my task bar? How do I get what is needed for protection to load with XP Pro?
    It'd be nice to have a simple document that explains just how to do the initial Kaz setup after install. I did download the manual but it is really long and rather technical.
    Any help regarding how to simply setup the program for protection would be deeply appreciated.
    Thank you
    Howard :(

2. root

root Registered Member

This thread has some good information.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=6915
    If you have already installed the Control Center (CC), and you machine is not running slow, then you can probably leave it.
    If you still have questions or problems, feel free to ask. There are lots of others around to help, but weekends can be bare around here.

3. Howard

Howard Guest

Thanks root.
    That is a big help.

Now, how do I get the KAV Monitor to load at startup? Right now only the console loads....not sure why.
    And, where do I make its shotdown only with password?

I'm learning.........
    Best
    Howard

4. root

root Registered Member

I don't have KAV installed right now as my beta firewall doesn't like it for the moment.
    But you can add the monitor exe to the startup folder.
    I don't remember if KAV is passworded or not. If it is, it should be evident in the options.
    I highly suggest you check out a free little program called System Safety Monitor. It is the best security program since the first AV. Easy to use and Max will help if you have problems.
    Find it here.http://maxcomputing.narod.ru/ssme.html?lang=en Slow site, but worth the wait.

5. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Registered Member

i dont have the control center installed but i am pretty sure the monitor is running on startup. just open up the control center and it should tell you if the monitor is running or not.
    if you look through the options of the control center you will also find out how to set it up so any changes need a password to be entered.

alot of people dont install the control center as it is confusing, but thats up to each individual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.