Kaspersky Security Cloud Free

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Romagnolo1973, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I still have the F patch.

2. Dragon1952

I got the G patch today.

3. Dragon1952

4. guest

guest Guest

Patch H for Kaspersky Security Cloud version 20.0.14.1085 Released (February 4, 2020)
    Release Notes
    Patch H
    Patch H for Kaspersky Security Cloud version 20.0.14.1085 was released on February 4, 2020.

In patch H:
    • We've added the option of scanning wired networks.
    • We've further optimized the use of computer resources.
    • We've added limited compatibility with Windows 10 20H1.
    • We've added alternative color themes.
    • We've fixed the vulnerability that allowed skipping the certificate check.
    • We've fixed several minor issues, some of which have been detected with the help of our users.
    To install the patch:
    1. Run the database update of Kaspersky Security Cloud. For instructions, see this article.
    2. When the update completes, restart your computer.
    To check if the patch was installed successfully, open the application and click Support in the lower-left corner. You will see the full version number of the application with letter h.

5. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I wonder if that means they have resolved their conflict with Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware component?

6. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

Patch H on our free version too. I get it today

7. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

Patch i installed on my Kaspy Security Cloud Free

Patch I
    Patch i for Kaspersky Security Cloud version 20.0.14.1085 was released on February 18, 2020.

In patch I, we fixed several issues including those detected with your help.

To install the patch:

1. Run the database update of Kaspersky Security Cloud. For instructions, see this article.
    2. When the update completes, restart your computer.
    To check if the patch was installed successfully, open the application and click Support in the lower-left corner. You will see the full version number of the application with letter i.

8. lucd

lucd Registered Member

so Kaspersky cloud free still has the system watcher? I checked in previous free versions before and it had it but now I am not sure.

what about anti-ransomware and anti-exploits, some reviews said they are not present, so it would seam the system watcher is off (responsible for anti-ransomware)
    also have you seen KS blocking some urls like eset does, or it relies on that little browser addon called "kaspersky protection"

performance seams better this year

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  9. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

What is Watchdog?

Kaspersky has System Watcher (behavior blocker + anti-exploit + anti-ransomware) and it is present in all editions nowadays.

10. lucd

lucd Registered Member

yes I confused due to adguard, ofc I meant system watcher (watchdog is adguard thing to monitor disabling of application with a timer), then it means those web reviews are not accurate (ghacks), saying "anti-exploit and ransom are not mentioned", tricking you into thinking they are not available in the free version, allow me to correct previous post

so appcontrol would be network related stuff then like traffic control of an app?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  11. Nightwalker

The first version of Kaspersky Free didnt had those modules, in the following year it got included but you couldnt change or configure any setting for the software, last year Kaspersky Free was replaced by Cloud Free and this version has those modules and allows the user to change settings.

Kaspersky Application Control is more like a policy-based restriction module, it is included in the paid Internet Security and superior tier versions.

https://support.kaspersky.com/15051
    https://rejzor.wordpress.com/2018/05/27/kaspersky-antivirus-free-2019-released/

12. ance

ance formerly: fmon

So it's possible to install the AV without bells and whistles? :geek:

13. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

I tried this Av when it was just a couple of months old and i liked it, mostly. The thing that made me uninstall it was that there became a slight delay in opening things. Browser, change sites and files and folders. Compared to most other Av`s it therefore slows down the Pc a bit. Is it still so?

Is it possible to install it on another partition then where the Os is?

14. Nightwalker

Its not ...

15. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I just installed this yesterday. It installed VPN without asking me, unless I missed the option somewhere. I uninstalled that. It also installed a browser addon in a couple of my web browsers. Not really a fan of the extra addons, but it is what it is. Maybe I will switch and try bitdefender, as I am pretty sure that is a cleaner install.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  16. John Dave

John Dave Registered Member

But it is not free it costed me 10.62$. I bought it just 2months ago

17. BigBear68

BigBear68 Registered Member

For the security and peace of mind KSC Free offers i find the two annoyances of VPN and browser addon a small price to pay,once you delete them they are gone for good,there is also an option in the GUI to turn off the browser addon for future browser installs.KSC runs smooth and silent on my laptop and offers awesome security for no cost.

18. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

I used to pay for Kaspersky Internet Security and installed them on all my Windows PCs. For me it's a no-brainer to install KSC now that it's free with most of the security features of KIS.

19. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Please refresh me. Where can I find the patch I am on? Looked all over and can't find it.

20. Jimmy9190

Jimmy9190 Registered Member

You can hover your mouse over the Kaspersky icon in the tool bar, the current patch version letter will be there in parentheses.

21. Bertazzoni

Bertazzoni Registered Member

Indeed! No junk.

22. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Thanks. I'm patch J.

23. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

I installed KSCF on W8.1 yesterday (May 12) after which keyboard wouldnt enter input into search or address box in Firefox. I thought probably some conflict with Kaspersky virtual keyboard, but had no luck resolving the issue.

Any help much appreciated, thank you

Edit: Also, do I need a patch for the newest version as of May 12?

24. tutman

tutman Registered Member

Exactly what I did too! Just uninstall them. :thumb:

25. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Yes uninstalling VPN is not a big problem for me.
    For my family's computer I used to install Avast but switching to KSC was a good decision. I also like MyKaspersky integration which allows me to manage KSC from remote (managing notifications, running scans...). For me this is best free solution right now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.