Kaspersky Online Scanner

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by roark37, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

Hello,

I just ran the Kaspersky Online virus scanner and although it did not find any malware at the end there was a box with a message that "the following locations were locked and could not be scanned". Inside the box were about a dozen locations but you could not see the entire path as it would get cut off. Then they all said locked and skipped by the scanner in the same box. Does anyone know if this is normal? Other than this box the scanner seemed to be working fine as it downloaded a large database of definitions and took about 30 minutes to run so I did not suspect any issues. I have not seen anything like this using other scanners like Superantispyware or Ewido and was wondering if there was a problem.

Thank you.

roark

2. divedog

divedog Registered Member

It's completely normal. Nothing to worry about.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

NOD32 is like that. It's just additional info that other scanners don't necessarily display.

4. rothko

rothko Registered Member

at the end of the scan, if memory serves, you should be able to save the report as a html/txt file and that should let you see more info. but as others have said, nothing to worry about usually just system files/files in use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.